Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did the Mid-range and Long-range prices dropped $2900??

Did the Mid-range and Long-range prices dropped $2900??

• Yes

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Price drop in different amount

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sure lost me as a future customer. Way to screw early adopters. I’ll be looking at other manufactures and their EVs.
I do not understand this attitude that Tesla not be allowed to lower their costs as it will ultimately lower you resale, my first computer was a gateway with an awful CRT screen and a 4gb hard drive! cost me 5k, I am glad things have got better in pricing and capability since then!

Tesla sure lost me as a future customer. Way to screw early adopters. I’ll be looking at other manufactures and their EVs.
Price drop sucks. But other manufacturer EV is just so much worse than Tesla, specially Tesla has much lower energy consumption per mile (better efficiency), and MUCH MUCH better and easier to use DC charging in real world (supercharger). Tesla is still leading everyone in EV.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Flyguy and Eclectic
Listen, this is buying technology. It’s like the price of buying a flat panel.

We paid for their margins during production ramp up. Now that they are ramped up, they can bring those prices down and maintain margins.

Sucks but don’t check the price of your 1 year old flat screen.

I think the next tax credit will reduce on July 1st. It is a reduction every 6 months until it completely goes away.
July 1st it is cut in half again not April.

My issue with all this is I would still love to buy a used LR RWD, sellers are asking way more than you can buy a NEW 2019.
At least I dont have to hear the BS from sellers that they dont make the LR RWD anymore.
Damn, I misunderstood the phase out. Thanks for correcting.

Reactions: ggnykk
If my memory serve me correctly, the 264 mile Mid-range Model 3 base price was $42,900 before incentives, and now is $40,000 today.
The 310 mile dual motor Long-range Model 3 base price was $49,900 before incentives, and now is $47,000 today.

Can anyone confirm the old prices?

If that's the case, Model 3 has made massive price cuts this year. $2000 cuts in early Jan, $1100 just like a month ago, and now $2900. So total of $6000 price cut within 2 months!! Yes, you got $7500 tax credit last year, and now is only $3750 this year. But I would much rather take the $6000 cash saving.
Yes, and In CA, you pay 10% tax, that's another $6k. We really feel like we are screwed.

If my memory serve me correctly, the 264 mile Mid-range Model 3 base price was $42,900 before incentives, and now is $40,000 today.
The 310 mile dual motor Long-range Model 3 base price was $49,900 before incentives, and now is $47,000 today.

Can anyone confirm the old prices?

If that's the case, Model 3 has made massive price cuts this year. $2000 cuts in early Jan, $1100 just like a month ago, and now $2900. So total of $6000 price cut within 2 months!! Yes, you got $7500 tax credit last year, and now is only $3750 this year. But I would much rather take the $6000 cash saving.

Prices come down as tax credit rolls out, and also as car matures. As early adopters we are only about 2-3k once you factor in tax credit. That is way less than seasonal swings and promotional pricing you get with traditional autos in this range.

I am excited for the price drops and the new wave of people switching to electric, truly a great moment!

Reactions: RBowen and PaulJB

Have fun going through the early adopter phase a second time with another manufacturer :D

Anyways, I bought at a poor time (45k base Mid Range), and I'm not really too annoyed by it. The old EAP package is nice to have (don't really want full self driving, but I do like the extra features I have / will have with current EAP). Still got the full tax credit. Honestly, I probably would have sprung for a LR RWD if I could do it all over again now, but oh well. I'm glad more people will experience a Tesla now.

Listen, this is buying technology. It’s like the price of buying a flat panel.

We paid for their margins during production ramp up. Now that they are ramped up, they can bring those prices down and maintain margins.

Sucks but don’t check the price of your 1 year old flat screen.

Seriously, people need to lighten up. A Tesla is no different from buying any other early entry technology product. The used market is probably better suited for some.

I remember when I bought a Sammy 55” LED TV way back then for over $4K. Worth less now than it cost to throw it away probably, hah.