Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you get the FSD beta update yet???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure I'll get it. I had 5 referrals way back when and clearly qualified for the promised early access program before it all magically went away in the app. /s
Yeah, and the people who bought FSD before they dropped the price were promised Early Access as well. I think this is causing a lot of confusion online, a lot of people are hoping to get FSD tonight which I really don't believe is the case.

Tesla kind of has two definitions of "Early Access". Private Early Access are owners that were contacted by Tesla to join a testing program and are bound by an NDA. This was the original definition of Early Access. If you're in this group of people, you would know for sure.

When Tesla promised a large number of owners Early Access, Tesla probably figured it wasn't really feasible to add that many people to the program so they made a different public Early Access which is comprised of the early FSD purchasers (and maybe referral program winners?) with their software update preference set to Advanced that gets major releases (like v10) a week or two before everyone else. It's not the "real" Early Access program that comes with an NDA and special test builds.

83sVApp.png

In this tweet from Elon he mentions that there is a private beta and a public beta, I presume the Private Beta is the small subset of NDA Early Access members that Tesla has deemed safe drivers. I'm not sure what Elon means by "Public Beta", whether it means the rest of the NDA Early Access group or the early FSD purchasers.

The group of people getting the FSD test builds tonight are the small subset of good drivers in the NDA Early Access program. If you haven't signed an NDA and have been notified that you are part of the group, you probably won't be getting an FSD test build tonight.

So Tesla technically fulfilled their promise of letting early FSD buyers into the "Early Access Program". Just not the Early Access program most people had in mind... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: phaduman and brkaus
thats the purpose of the question......how do you know....if you know please advise....if not, please dont patronize me with dont worry....I am just trying to find out if there is an indicator.....
You would have been explicitly invited to a private, closed beta program, probably requiring you to sign a NDA. That’s the indicator. There’s no way for you to be part of the program without knowing.

In this tweet from Elon he mentions that there is a private beta and a public beta, I presume the Private Beta is the small subset of NDA Early Access members that Tesla has deemed safe drivers. I'm not sure what Elon means by "Public Beta", whether it means the rest of the NDA Early Access group or the early FSD purchasers.
Public Beta is every single customer who ever bought a Tesla. Show me any AP customer who has production (non-Beta) AutoPilot. You cannot of course. I have an AP1 and AP2, both say they are beta features, and I have selected STANDARD updates. Pre-AP customers are beta customer also, not for AP but for battery management and other features. Telsa really should rename themselves to BetaBet, or at least BetaBrand.

Of course AlphaBet beat Tesla to autonomous taxis, so perhaps Elon's ago would not allow his company to be called BetaBet. :p

Last edited: