Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 12.1 computer requirement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2020 Model S LR+ and have driven FSD Beta for 2 years. Looking at test reports about FSD 12.1 I found that most of the deficiencies I noticed in the latest 11 version (mainly lack of the smoothness of a good driver) seem to be corrected in the original V12 release. As I am looking forward to getting the FSD 12 version, I am wondering if my FSD computer will need an upgrade. I read in a post that HW3 is needed for FSD but I have no idea of the version I have got currently.

I own a 2020 Model S LR+ and have driven FSD Beta for 2 years. Looking at test reports about FSD 12.1 I found that most of the deficiencies I noticed in the latest 11 version (mainly lack of the smoothness of a good driver) seem to be corrected in the original V12 release. As I am looking forward to getting the FSD 12 version, I am wondering if my FSD computer will need an upgrade. I read in a post that HW3 is needed for FSD but I have no idea of the version I have got currently.
The minimum for EAP is HW2.5. The minimum for FSD beta is 3.0 and above. For the 2020 FSD beta Tesla, you should have 3.0, not 2.5, and not 4.

Further, your vehicle is not compatible with HW4. So HW3, is as far as it will go.