Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference between 20” vs 20” two tone wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I’m upgrading from a 3 to an X so I’m trying to keep the price tag from getting to out of control.

Anyway, it’s hard to appreciate the difference between the 20” and the 20” two tone.

Are they the same wheel just painted different. Any articles that give a better visual online of the difference.

I love the 19” and 20” Model 3 wheels. Not to keen about the X 20” wheel choices. Nor the fact they are staggered which I think limits tire choices and no tire rotation.

Are they the same tires?

Any efficiency differences?

I’m upgrading from a 3 to an X so I’m trying to keep the price tag from getting to out of control.

Anyway, it’s hard to appreciate the difference between the 20” and the 20” two tone.

Are they the same wheel just painted different. Any articles that give a better visual online of the difference.

I love the 19” and 20” Model 3 wheels. Not to keen about the X 20” wheel choices. Nor the fact they are staggered which I think limits tire choices and no tire rotation.

Are they the same tires?

Any efficiency differences?
I had a MX 90D with the old 20” wheels but when ordering my new Raven MX I went with the Two Tone. I hadn’t seen them in person until I received the car. They are essentially the same wheel with parts painted black to give the effect of a larger wheel. From about 10 ft away they look great, but up close its quite odd seeing the painted pattern. Would I buy them again.. probably but I don’t think its worth the extra $$

Reactions: mswlogo
E270E060-AD1B-4AC6-85C8-449C64BDD61C.jpeg

Reactions: mswlogo
I had a MX 90D with the old 20” wheels but when ordering my new Raven MX I went with the Two Tone. I hadn’t seen them in person until I received the car. They are essentially the same wheel with parts painted black to give the effect of a larger wheel. From about 10 ft away they look great, but up close its quite odd seeing the painted pattern. Would I buy them again.. probably but I don’t think its worth the extra $$

That’s exactly what I needed to know and suspected. It would drive me a little nuts if I paid $2000 just for that paint.

Oddly enough I really like the 19” rims sold with the snow tires in the Shop better than any of them, even though they are a smaller rim.

Anyone know if those 19” snows can fit a Raven X? It’s interesting that they are not staggered either.

If you don’t plan on getting aftermarket wheels, I recommend getting the two tone. They look so much better than the stock rims. It’s an optical illusion and makes the wheel look so much bigger. Kind of like trimming the bush to make the tree look bigger !

If you do plan on getting aftermarket, then save your $2000 and apply it to that purchase.
749C2D05-5525-47F5-939E-BB32B4B61B34.jpeg
252C789D-2FF2-43E4-8095-8EF580FEF41E.jpeg