Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different speed limit behavior on the other side of the street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When driving to Montreal from Toronto highway 20 goes from 100 limit to 70 limit to 50 limit but it shows as a 100 limit the whole time. But when going the opposite direction it shows the proper speed limit.

Similarly on the street out of my neighborhood autopilot defaults to whatever speed I am going on the 40 limit so the circle shows 42 if I am going 42. When driving towards home it shows 72 in the circle and will set that if cruise or autosteer is engaged.

What is going on? Is map data different on the other side of the street?

When going West on 401 at the intersection of Mavis the car slows down to 80kmh. It used to be construction zone. Very upsetting for me and other drivers when my car suddenly starts slowing down with no reason.

I don't think they have much of a priority for getting map issues fixed. Since the day I got my Model S I've been reporting an impossible left hand turn it tells me to make every day and it still hasn't been addressed many months later. I'm very glad my AP1 car actually just reads the speed limit signs instead of relying solely on map data.

I don't think they have much of a priority for getting map issues fixed. Since the day I got my Model S I've been reporting an impossible left hand turn it tells me to make every day and it still hasn't been addressed many months later. I'm very glad my AP1 car actually just reads the speed limit signs instead of relying solely on map data.

Lol, it tells me my work is on the right in the Model 3 nav when I need to make a left. But on the loaner S, the nav directions is correct. Kind of weird the 3 vs S has different nav guidance files.