Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIR_a126 "Power reduced" and DIR_a103 "Power limited" on the car, urgent enough for immediate visit, or wait until scheduled appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Have a problem with an error code DIR_a126 "Power reduced" and DIR_a103 "Power limited" for my car, the car is operable for now, besides that it may limit the acceleration and top speed to around 60mph when the error code happens.

Doing a bit of research online points to battery coolant issue, is this a big concern that I need to take care of this immediately, or can I wait until my service appointment about 2 weeks from now? What other issues could be from that error code?

Alternatively, I can get an appointment sometime in the middle of next week at a SC that's available (Centinela), if this needs to be done fairly quickly but not rather an emergency. What do you guys think? Or should I bring it to a SC tomorrow and see what they say? Thanks.

If coolant, did you run over anything? There have been cases where a fitting at the rear of the battery pack is broken off draining coolant from road debris. If so, a battery pack need replacing. Check insurance. A video by Electrified Garage on you rube shows how they repaired such a case but Tesla doesn't do the repair they only replace. I would not delay taking in.

Seems like it only took them a day for them to fix, picked up my vehicle today and seems to be resolved.

The issue seems to be on the manifold valve which has failed, so they replaced that part. Here's an image of the invoice:

1664762464716.png

Ran into this same issue today. "Speed restricted to 62 MPH", the message is shown on the screen, alternating with " Power Limited-OK to Drive." I have left the car with the Service Center. They are backed up in Service and have said 'maybe' complete in 3 days. One hundred bucks Uber Credit was given.

I've got the exact same issue. It occurred when I accelerated power reduced and rapidly too. Did a reset and it seems to be ok, put in a service request however there's zero chance I can risk driving it to the service center and $100 uber credit it useless to me. I can't wait two weeks to drive two hours to a service center. I'm hoping they'll tow this thing back and repair it.

Hi everyone,

I had a problem with my Tesla today on a 700km trip.

Right before the first charging stop, while preheating for a third-party HPC, I got the error message "DIR_a103 Power limited" and the car went into limp mode.

I was so scared, I called Tesla and they told me it was a 12V battery issue (??) and that it was okay to continue charging.

While charging, I checked the service alarms and there were no warnings related to a low voltage battery.
20230808_103846.jpg

I continued the trip and didn't have any further issues.

At the second charging stop (I didn't preheat the car because Tesla doesn't cover all HPCs in Italy), while charging/heating, I got the error message "Power reduced, OK to drive" again.

I was really scared, so I called Tesla again.

I had to wait a long time to speak to someone, but eventually I got through to a good technician who said that there were some communication problems with the pump. He thought it was a software issue.

He had me do a soft and hard reset, and the issue seems to have disappeared.

I'm not sure how to test it. I tried accelerating and driving fast, and I even drained the battery, but I didn't have any further issues.

Maybe I should use an HPC to test the hydraulic circuit?

Anyway, I'm on holiday and the nearest Service Center is about 4 hours away. I have an appointment to take the car in when I get back home (hopefully).

Screenshot_20230829_153333_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Just an update: after vacation (and about 900km) they changed the superbottle.
Please note: no coolant refill in the invoice (!?).
I'll try to ask what was the causes of the malfunction. Will it happen again out of warranty?
Projected range at 100% dropped from 479 km to 460 km: I fell this is related to superbottle issue..

Googling "Superbottle" I find this:

Tesla's "Superbottle" combines what would be 2 coolant overflow bottles (1 for motor, 1 for battery) in other EVs, into a single bottle, *plus* it integrates the electric coolant pumps for each coolant loop into the bottle itself, in addition to the coolant flow valve that directs the coolant's flow..

My guess the valve is the problem. I have 2 Tesla's (2020 and 2022) with no issues as above so warranty will probably correct it and I would not be concerned about it returning.