Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed Experience and Priority Production Messed Me Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nev&Co

X60D MC Red. Delivered 12/30/2016
Oct 20, 2016
California
Frustrated Future Owner and here's why:

I ordered my X 60D back in August and pushed delivery to December in the hope of AP 2.0 which is the main reason for getting my X. To start off, here's the spec of my order:

X 60D
7 seat
AP 2.0 Full autonomy
MC Red
Accessory Hitch
Free Black Interior
Basic Wheel
11/18 entered production
Pick up in Fremont factory

The overall experience has been good until recent weeks. I have communicated with DS to let him know that I want to pick up my X on or before early December as that's my wife's birthday and it would be the best surprise gift to her. So when my X entered production on 11/18, the delivery estimate range shown on my account is late November - December and I called my DS again and he said he would try his best to make way for delivery before the my wife's bday. I had been really looking forward to the delivery but disappointment slowly comes into my mind when her bday was approaching and there's no news about my X. Okay so my X didn't make it to her bday and now I can only hope it will come before chirstmas which I highly doubt..

My DS also disappoints me in the way he replied my email. My first email was on 11/28 to ask if he has any update on my X and here's the reply:

Thank you for your email. I hope you're doing well!

Your Model X is currently in a late stage of production. As soon as it is complete, you will receive an automated email. At that time, I will be actively reaching out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Second email was sent on 12/11 asking about whether my X will be delivered in Dec or Jan as I need to prepare for my tax and also asked him if there's any priority production since I saw some members from this forum already got their X given a similar spec with later production date. Here's his reply:

Your vehicle is now in a late stage of production, and we are anticipating delivery soon. As soon as production completes, you will receive an automated email. At that time, I will be actively reaching out to schedule your delivery appointment.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Well, thank you for your information and it is really helpful in answering my questions and explaining why it's delayed. I just feel my X is so cheap that they don't even bother to deliver on time.

• Informative
Reactions: pchengMX and ModelX
Frustrated Future Owner and here's why:

I ordered my X 60D back in August and pushed delivery to December in the hope of AP 2.0 which is the main reason for getting my X. To start off, here's the spec of my order:

X 60D
7 seat
AP 2.0 Full autonomy
MC Red
Accessory Hitch
Free Black Interior
Basic Wheel
11/18 entered production
Pick up in Fremont factory

The overall experience has been good until recent weeks. I have communicated with DS to let him know that I want to pick up my X on or before early December as that's my wife's birthday and it would be the best surprise gift to her. So when my X entered production on 11/18, the delivery estimate range shown on my account is late November - December and I called my DS again and he said he would try his best to make way for delivery before the my wife's bday. I had been really looking forward to the delivery but disappointment slowly comes into my mind when her bday was approaching and there's no news about my X. Okay so my X didn't make it to her bday and now I can only hope it will come before chirstmas which I highly doubt..

My DS also disappoints me in the way he replied my email. My first email was on 11/28 to ask if he has any update on my X and here's the reply:

Your Model X is currently in a late stage of production. As soon as it is complete, you will receive an automated email. At that time, I will be actively reaching out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Second email was sent on 12/11 asking about whether my X will be delivered in Dec or Jan as I need to prepare for my tax and also asked him if there's any priority production since I saw some members from this forum already got their X given a similar spec with later production date. Here's his reply:

Your vehicle is now in a late stage of production, and we are anticipating delivery soon. As soon as production completes, you will receive an automated email. At that time, I will be actively reaching out to schedule your delivery appointment.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Well, thank you for your information and it is really helpful in answering my questions and explaining why it's delayed. I just feel my X is so cheap that they don't even bother to deliver on time.
What I'm seeing is that we have almost identical configuration. Except mines does not have a tow hitch.... do you have the sas as well? I just don't really get it.... it can't be the color because it's still an active color in the design studio.... that's very upsetting that your DS sent you the same exact message considering you sent two different e mail.... also @abikepeddler is going through the same situation... were both from San Diego but different configuration and we still haven't heard anything. There was a Model S member that just got his last Friday.... so that is why I do not get what's the hold up...

Also @abikepeddler I stopped by the SC today and saw what seemed to be the delivery trucks and they just unloaded a few Model X's saw a Red/white interior unfortunately and another Red/black interior but it was a 90D.... so they are coming but I do not get why ours is still stuck in production....

Wow, many folks ordered their X in October already gotten their car, I can't believe you ordered in August and still have not gotten your car. you might as well ask for a 2017 model since you are going to pay for the same price as a 2017 model.

Everyone was forced to upgrade to SAS, or their order was cancelled and they got a refund of their deposit. They have never built an X with coils.
Oh I got it, thanks for the clarification.

@dark I initially pushed mines back to December due to issues with my current vehicle. I asked for a late November or early December Delivery which I got a confirmed email but did not realize I would run into these issues. Considering what I know now I probably would have taken delivery earlier. But you do make a valid point. It's really disappointing that still some of us is running through these issues.