Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Jeda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both first and second gen Jeda pads, and i only had one case that allowed my Note 8 to charge wirelessly (the slimmest of slim). I bought the newest Taptes (with the horizontal charging). It has less room vertically than the Jeda, but charges with all my cases.

I only use horizontal charging and so far it works great. Definitely pay attention to using the right kind of cable (need to use the charge side of a charge/data splitter cable, else the port is disabled and the car requires a reboot to re-enable). Glad I jumped on it when they had the 10 bucks off, for $30 it's a STEAL. Both Jedas are going to eBay.

Edit: charge lights are nice too.

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA
Jeda is a joke. I've ordered the original wireless pad and the updated one. Both took multiple inquiries on my part to follow up on their false delivery promises. Neither pad has ever worked correctly....but they're really good at marketing!
Very nice people but their product simply did not charge the phone. So I pose a question. Which wireless pad charges the best? iPhone X here.

I ordered the "bundle" on August 17th, and now I see on Twitter that they have a sale for $30 off the hub & charger combo. :mad:

They also charged my card. I've exchanged Twitter DMs with them but no response to email yet regarding my shipping status.

I'm going to follow the FTC 30 day rule, and if I don't get a shipping confirm by Sep 17th, I'm disputing with my CC. The only way they'll learn is to hit em where it hurts.

Reactions: puckpurnell
I'm super tempted to order the USB Hub + Wireless + Spacer combo ($163 pre-tax/ship $188 total). After doing a ton of research though, I've come to the following conclusions:

• Jeda's customer support reputation is worse than Tesla's
Pros:
  • Charger: Only one that offers wired charging support + wireless (with $15 spacer)
  • Charger: Horizontal Charging support (I use this mode a lot actually, but TapTes also offers the clone)
  • Charger: Detachable micro-USB cables (it means I can buy these and usb the USB-c ports on the Jeda USB hub)
  • USB Hub: Only product in the market currently although might
Negatives:
  • Charger: Very small sweet spot for charging (Not present on TapTes, Nomad offers spacers)
  • Charger: No charging lights (TapTes offers a clone with it)
  • USB Hub: Expensive (and early versions has issues)
But damn it I bought the set anyways grrr Jeda. Order #70xxx

• Informative
I'm super tempted to order the USB Hub + Wireless + Spacer combo ($163 pre-tax/ship $188 total). After doing a ton of research though, I've come to the following conclusions:

Pros:
  • Charger: Only one that offers wired charging support + wireless (with $15 spacer)
  • Charger: Horizontal Charging support (I use this mode a lot actually, but TapTes also offers the clone)
  • Charger: Detachable micro-USB cables (it means I can buy these and usb the USB-c ports on the Jeda USB hub)
Negatives:
  • Charger: Very small sweet spot for charging (Not present on TapTes, Nomad offers spacers)

What do you mean by above for Taptes version?

What do you mean by above for Taptes version?

Supposedly, someone said the TapTes has a wider sweet spot than the Jeda but I'm not sure if that refers to the TapTes nomad clone or their Jeda clone. It could very well have the same alignment area as the Jeda in the TapTes version since there are 3 coils in the Jeda versus 2 larger coils in Nomad/Tesla

As far as I can tell Jeda is the only one making a hub like this. If someone else comes out with a similar hub and I still don't have the Jeda I'll cancel my order and buy one of them instead. For now I still don't have the car, so not having the hub is no big deal.

Man I’m glad I got in early.....I’ve had mine for weeks (not to rub it in). I believe I was one of the first few deliveries. Their communication was stellar. Especially after the supposed first batch/run USB issue (which mine did NOT exhibit thankfully).
They sent the initial email out and then I had several email vollies where I had questions about the issue and how it would be remedied and BAM! Instant responses each time. Don’t recall who I corresponded with but it was impressive.
Not like the initial Jeda Charging Pad/Issues which I don’t EVEN want to get into. So in a sense they partially redeemed themselves in my eyes. But that can be fleeting as you know.

Ski

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155

Pros:
Negatives:

GOOD LUCK. You’re behind me. I’m 64xxx ordered August 4th I believe. Haven’t heard boo from JEDA.

upload_2019-9-12_7-38-40.png