Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Jeda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been awaiting my Jeda USB hub and charging pad since 8/1. Based on their website, it was supposed to ship within 3 weeks of the order date. On 8/19 I asked them where the "hey it shipped" email was, which was supposed to precede the delivery with a tracking number by a couple days. They informed me then that it would be 4 weeks, so I patiently waited another 2-3 weeks and then let them have a piece of my mind. They then came clean with the "we hit a snag" excuse that I never received via email - you can see it here: Jeda USB Hub September Shipping Update.

Well, based on my order number, and the 2-day shipping, I should have arrived yesterday and I'd be enjoying it today. It has not arrived and there's no proactive, "sorry, we hit another snag" email or notice. This is the WORST customer service I've ever seen! I get that they want to save some shipping costs, but cut us some slack - ship the items separately already! Proactively keep the customer in the loop!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JEDA!!!!!

I had similar experiences on both of my Jeda purchases. I also had a situation with the Gen 1 charging pad that was clearly a manufacturing defect and they elected to not stand behind their product (no return/exchange offered).

They strike me as a small operation struggling to keep up with the large quantity of orders coming through. Victims of their own success.

Meh, I ordered both the hub and pad back on 23 July and only received it 23 Sept sooooo chill or request a refund or tell your credit card company to kill the charge. If you've been reading their emails that I must admit have been pretty transparent then you'd know whats going on. Stop complaining, you might as well be complaining you're not getting software updates fast enough from Tesla....

• Disagree
Reactions: ilyak
Tesla has a much more compelling hard product, so it's not really surprising that people recover from service failure incidents more easily when it comes to the car.
Tesla also is a first-party manufacturer with multinational presence and millions, if not billions, of dollars' worth of infrastructure. I would be shocked if Jeda were not simply outsourcing its manufacture.

TapTes, in a more apples-to-apples comparison, does do a better job with keeping consumers informed and up to date, but my order from them took a day and a half to give me shipping notification, and for the past three days when I try to look up the tracking number, I get "no such shipment found" and no answers from TapTes about this. Jeda, when I emailed them, got back to me the next day to let me know about the delay with the USB hub (before their wideband notification of same).

If you've been reading their emails that I must admit have been pretty transparent then you'd know whats going on.

This wasn't my experience. Jeda was not transparent at all. Instead, they were misleading, promising multiple hard shipping dates, missing them, and ignoring follow-up questions. They also did not issue a refund until I posted reviews on social media and threatened to file a chargeback - almost a week after I first contacted them asking for one.

This wasn't my experience. Jeda was not transparent at all. Instead, they were misleading, promising multiple hard shipping dates, missing them, and ignoring follow-up questions. They also did not issue a refund until I posted reviews on social media and threatened to file a chargeback - almost a week after I first contacted them asking for one.
I completely agree. Horrible to work with. The HUB I received was DOA.

Man I’m glad I got in early.....I’ve had mine for weeks (not to rub it in). I believe I was one of the first few deliveries. Their communication was stellar. Especially after the supposed first batch/run USB issue (which mine did NOT exhibit thankfully).
They sent the initial email out and then I had several email vollies where I had questions about the issue and how it would be remedied and BAM! Instant responses each time. Don’t recall who I corresponded with but it was impressive.
Not like the initial Jeda Charging Pad/Issues which I don’t EVEN want to get into. So in a sense they partially redeemed themselves in my eyes. But that can be fleeting as you know.

Ski
Can you post the remedies they gave you because my HUB was DOA and nothing replaced yet.

I've been awaiting my Jeda USB hub and charging pad since 8/1. Based on their website, it was supposed to ship within 3 weeks of the order date. On 8/19 I asked them where the "hey it shipped" email was, which was supposed to precede the delivery with a tracking number by a couple days. They informed me then that it would be 4 weeks, so I patiently waited another 2-3 weeks and then let them have a piece of my mind. They then came clean with the "we hit a snag" excuse that I never received via email - you can see it here: Jeda USB Hub September Shipping Update.

Well, based on my order number, and the 2-day shipping, I should have arrived yesterday and I'd be enjoying it today. It has not arrived and there's no proactive, "sorry, we hit another snag" email or notice. This is the WORST customer service I've ever seen! I get that they want to save some shipping costs, but cut us some slack - ship the items separately already! Proactively keep the customer in the loop!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JEDA!!!!!