Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with "safety score"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not think the bit about Autopilot not counting against Safety Score (except the miles) is true.
Tesla disagrees with you.

Unsafe following while on Autopilot is not factored into the Safety Score formula.

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec
Thanks. I know that what Tesla says about the issue, I just don't understand how I could have gotten 42% when the only driving I did over 50 was on the highway, in AP, and the local roads were either 25 or 35 mph. 42% of 38 miles would be 16 miles of unsafe following? There must be another factor they're using instead of per mile, or else this is a Beta error. FWIW, I also went out again late that night, in light traffic, for another 38 mile AP highway trip, took the cloverleafs and returned. I had a 1.6% this second time and reduced my daily score to 11.1%.

Reactions: MikeR99
I get forward collision warnings on two lane, 55 mph highways on AutoPilot by an oncoming SEMI which affects my safety score. I am forced to drive manually even though the truck stays in it's own lane. Does something need to be adjusted?

Reactions: MikeR99
I have not had any forward collision warnings, yet my safety score is reduced for forward collisions warnings that never happened. Also, I set autopilot following distance to 5 and it still says I am following too closely. Let me make sure I am getting this right... Tesla allows you to follow a car in front of too closely for their own measurement of what they consider to be safe? That is ridiculous. I have now set it to 7 and it still says I am following too closely as my score will go down. I have never gotten better than a 95.

I am so glad I do not have Tesla insurance.

The forward collision warning system is too sensitive when coming to a stop sign. I got a BS a warning while inching up and the other vehicle stopped for stop sign. Ridiculous! I think I’m going to opt out of FSD, as it is taking all of the joy of driving this great car!