Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointing response from Tesla sales for National Drive Electric Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When TMC moderators post decidedly unmoderate opinions such as the above, it only reinforces the view that TMC encourages blind, unquestioning lock-step obedience.

Ouch... the turret on the moderator tank is slowly rotating towards you...

Remember you're on someone else's forum, and it's private, and not accountable to anyone. Go make your own forum site and post on it, if you want to, it's a free country.

Just tell people the honest truth, like I'm going to.

Once they hear about the exorbitant charges for warranty service, they won't buy the car.

That's not how it works. Have you ever read the story of the mule?

The Storyteller Online - Dr. Mike Lockett

Tesla management is like that mule.

That story in this context really made me sick. I find it irrational to engage in 'bashing a (metaphorical) mule over the head to get her attention', and then to expect some positive outcome.

If that is the way some people try to get anyone's attention, I'd be quite surprised if there is anyone around them willing to be on the receiving end of such (metaphoric) barbaric treatment.

You are free to bash Tesla over the head as much as you want and tell as many people as you want that Tesla is horrible and to not buy their cars even though you love the car itself. If you are successful enough, Tesla sales will falter, the company will go under and then you'll really have problems getting warranty work done. I would think there are more constructive ways to get the management's attention but if you feel sabotaging sales works for you, go ahead. I'm apparently a mindless cheerleader so you understand things on a much higher level. If I was getting ulcers over my anger at Charter cable for example eventually I would just switch to something else. Tesla doesn't make the only car in the world so if they anger you that much, if management sucks and is not trustworthy and the service is terrible most people would walk away at some point. Some people enjoy being in that place though so have at it.

+1

The bold part (emphasis mine) nails it. I would just add that there must be a payoff somewhere there in that inadequate choice that seemingly makes the chooser unhappy and aggrieved, but their payoff is really of no interest to me.

We all make choices every second, it is quite easy to make any (different) choice that takes us wherever we wish to be. All it takes for a different choice is to let go of the payoff.

Last edited:
No one is requiring anyone to do anything. :) When I participate in EV events, it's because I want to do so.

Yes! I find it amazing that people want Tesla to do the talking. I can tell people better about what it's like to drive the car. I have the experience. I bought my own "flag" - a Tesla beach towel. I wear a Tesla T shirt, and they don't pay me.

I see people wearing advertising for everything from music to fast food, muscle cars to vacation destinations. Does anyone pay them? No.

You do what you do because you believe in the product. Game changing. Ahead of its time. Economical, practical, environmental. So why not tell people?

Tesla can't do it like you can do it.

I plan to have my old used Tesla VIN 00064, with 80,000 miles on it, at Drive Electric events both this and next weekend. There will be dealers at one event, and I enjoy asking the dealer rep, "what do you drive". Even though they work for BMW or Ford, it's usually a Hyundai. They have no idea what an EV is. Heck, to them, a Prius is an EV.

The only thing that saddens me is all those people who are afraid to let people know anything.