Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discount on new inventory P3D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a look at the MSM M3P+ that popped up (my spec!) and the price on the page says £51,120 (which is great!) but then when I went to place the order the price went up to £53,990! Can someone explain? The delivery fee isn't £2,870 surely?!

UPDATE: Went through the purchase and put the £2k down and went through to arrange finance with Blackhorse for PCP. Got the order confirmation showing the £51,120 price (and the breakdown showing the price adjustment and also the government grant), but the Blackhorse PCP finance calculator uses the £53,990 figure...i'm really confused - do I need to speak to somebody about this? Based on the £54k figure the monthlies come to over £650! I was expecting to pay around £580 (which is what it would be if the finance quoted the 'correct' £51k figure)

Last edited:
Just had a look at the MSM M3P+ that popped up (my spec!) and the price on the page says £51,120 (which is great!) but then when I went to place the order the price went up to £53,990! Can someone explain? The delivery fee isn't £2,870 surely?!

UPDATE: Went through the purchase and put the £2k down and went through to arrange finance with Blackhorse for PCP. Got the order confirmation showing the £51,120 price (and the breakdown showing the price adjustment and also the government grant), but the Blackhorse PCP finance calculator uses the £53,990 figure...i'm really confused - do I need to speak to somebody about this? Based on the £54k figure the monthlies come to over £650! I was expecting to pay around £580 (which is what it would be if the finance quoted the 'correct' £51k figure)

yes it looks like the Blackhorse site only has the current prices. I’m awaiting a call from Tesla to advise how to proceed. I assume you just go through with it and it all gets sorted, but better safe than sorry.

yes it looks like the Blackhorse site only has the current prices. I’m awaiting a call from Tesla to advise how to proceed. I assume you just go through with it and it all gets sorted, but better safe than sorry.
Its very annoying - you'd think they'd update their forms to reflect considering you go through a 'portal' via your tesla account...

keep us posted if you hear anything back - always better to be safe when dealing with these kind of sums :)

I think the cheaper price cars are long gone. None of the M3 cars listed on www.tesla-info.com are showing a discount. If you click ‘buy’ you will see that these cars are all priced with the £3.5k government grant already taken into account. I ordered my car on August 8 and the price for standard paint, LR AWD incl delivery was around £49.5k before grant came off. All the cars that I have seen in the past few days are more expensive than that. Last week, there were definite bargains to be had if you acted quickly

They've removed the discount column - maybe it was confusing.

I recall reading that Tesla published a discount amount in their data and the warnings on that site suggested to be wary as if the car list price fell and they adjusted the inventory price to match it would show the price change from when the car was made to now even though it was now at the new list price, ie not a real discount at all. I guess the same but in reverse is happening here, they're still listing it at no change to the original price even though prices have gone up.

I think the only safe way is to compare

Its very annoying - you'd think they'd update their forms to reflect considering you go through a 'portal' via your tesla account...

keep us posted if you hear anything back - always better to be safe when dealing with these kind of sums :)

had a call asking if I could take delivery today, can’t make it unfortunately. They are going to send over a revised PCP quote with the correct values etc. But as the priority today is on delivering cars to get to the magic 100k I doubt that’s a high priority.

had a call asking if I could take delivery today, can’t make it unfortunately. They are going to send over a revised PCP quote with the correct values etc. But as the priority today is on delivering cars to get to the magic 100k I doubt that’s a high priority.
That’s good to hear though. I prematurely cancelled the order! Now I need to wait for the car to pop back up on site and try again (if it ever does).
Called the guys at Leeds SC and they said they couldn’t reverse a cancellation :(

Yes - I’ve given myself a mental beating o_O

Will continue to keep eyes peeled. There will be a steady stream coming through over the next few days, I’m sure.

How do you get one? How is It listed? Never saw It actually :(

They were apparently available to order a while ago. An optional upgrade package was available which made it equivalent to the current "performance" spec. Basically various people cancelled their orders or switched to a different spec but the cars got shipped across anyway. Some people got upgraded from their LRAWD orders to those vehicles if they had a spec that otherwise matched (colours/wheels).

So you can't get one built to order now, but several have appeared in the Tesla inventory recently.

• Informative
Reactions: JanG007