Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left the rear mat in the sun to try and remove the crease down the middle of the mat but that did not help. Will try the hair dryer next chance I get.
This is just a shipping issue and not a defect of the mat. The seem to fold the rear mat in half and put it in the same package as the front mats. Seems these mats don't like to be folded that way and it leaves a crease. I am sure the longer it stays in the folded position the bigger the crease.

I left the rear mat in the sun to try and remove the crease down the middle of the mat but that did not help. Will try the hair dryer next chance I get.
This is just a shipping issue and not a defect of the mat. The seem to fold the rear mat in half and put it in the same package as the front mats. Seems these mats don't like to be folded that way and it leaves a crease. I am sure the longer it stays in the folded position the bigger the crease.
Might not hurt to try folding them the opposite way as well?

Just got my Tshield mats delivered today. Everything looks good. However, fitment will have to wait....because I don't have my M3 yet lol. However, the rear mat "crease" doesn't seem to bad. This weekend I'll let it sit in the sun and see if it flattens out all the way.

My TeslaShields mats were delivered yesterday. I had been using the previous version of TeslaShields mats and there were one or two places where the fit wasn't quite right.

The new mats fit perfectly. I found the drivers side front mat to be a bit tight side to side in the section that goes up under the pedals, but in the end it's fine. I think the new mats are a bit darker and I like that.

The back mat had a crease or two in the ribbing that's right in the center (from being folded). But in the car you can't really see it, so I'm not worried about it.

The old version of the mats had a white tag that said TeslaShields on the bottom rear edge. After cleaning, and replacing the mats, you always had to reach back in and fold the tag under the mat. No tag on the new ones...so that's an improvement.

Received my TShield mats Tuesday and put in yesterday. Really good fit for fronts and rear. I did notice the way they were packaged did create a slight crease in the rear mat. I let them sit in the sun while I vacuumed the car before installing and that seemed to help. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the quality and fit of these mats.

Reactions: tshields
Hi, all! Brand new Model 3 owner (LOVE my Dual Motor AWD Long Range), and first time posting on TMC (been reading all I can... what a smart and educated community).

Wanted to share that I spent WEEKS –while waiting for my M3 to be built and delivered– researching mats. I'm insanely particular about products, and research things like this for FAR too many hours (it's embarrassing, but feels good to confess it), and I'm rarely, if ever, truly satisfied. I can honestly say the TeslaShields mats that just arrived are better than anything I have found, seen, read about or encountered through fellow Tesla friends; they're even better than they appear on their website, and in the pictures and videos in reviews.

Their color (much darker/better match to the black interior footwells), build quality, fit, lack of odd smell and goofy logos, thickness, sound dampening and most of all customer service have made me a super satisfied customer... enough to actually create a TMC account and write this review. Seriously love the way the TeslaShield mats look and feel... they really enhance the overall look of my Model 3, and are easily washed / dry well.

To the valid points about the crease on the rear mat, I gently folded it back the other way from how it was shipped, and set heavy books (case of water, beer or similar could work) on the edges overnight, and they were flattened and fine by morning. The crease seems to diminish/resolve with folding it back on itself, or letting it sit flat in the car for a day or so.

I HIGHLY recommend, and honestly love, the TeslaShield mats.

Hope this review helps!

Reactions: Ron_M3 and eman2021
I got my Teslashields floor mats and trunk/Frunk mats as well. I will say I was pretty impressed with the way the front and back floor mats fit, they look really good. I’m happy they didn’t put any ugly branding on it. The trunk mat fits great, but the frunk is another story. I saw someone above say the frunk mat seems like it’s about 3% too large. I’m not sure how they made that mistake but the Frunk mat just looks silly.

I got my Teslashields floor mats and trunk/Frunk mats as well. I will say I was pretty impressed with the way the front and back floor mats fit, they look really good. I’m happy they didn’t put any ugly branding on it. The trunk mat fits great, but the frunk is another story. I saw someone above say the frunk mat seems like it’s about 3% too large. I’m not sure how they made that mistake but the Frunk mat just looks silly.
What I realized about the frunk mat when I got it a few days ago is that it is totally unnecessary in any case. The space isn't carpeted and there is nothing to really protect. The rear mats fit well.

I'm not sure I needed any of the mats. They are like plastic slipcovers, they'll protect but the protection is worse than what'll happen if they aren't there. My mother had slipcovers on the couch that made it uncomfortable, and it isn't like she took them off for company. 30 years later they were still there all torn. She finally took them off only to realize that she'd missed the chance to actually enjoy the couch all those years. I'll feel the same in my car when I'm ready to sell it.

Just like jarvm in post #742 I purchased the JFIEEI 2021 Tesla Model 3 floor mats from Amazon for $96 with free shipping. They fit the 2021 models absolutely perfectly. No annoying logo, no smell, no slipping or sliding, and nice textured surface. Comes in a basic box, with 3 mats inside. No plastic wrap or anything. The rear mat is folded in half but it leaves no annoying crease. Arrives in 3-4 days, even without Amazon Prime. I really can't see any reason to spend more.

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_140234177.jpg
    IMG_20210807_140234177.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20210807_124414283.jpg
    IMG_20210807_124414283.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20210807_124515411.jpg
    IMG_20210807_124515411.jpg
    682.6 KB · Views: 165
Well I just received my teslashields floor mat set for both my model 3 and y and I am more than thrilled. First, the design is so sleek that they practically looked as if they were part of the car. Second, the color of the mats matched my black interior exactly. Third, the fitment was exact and there were no gaps at all. Fourth, and most importantly, the customer service was top notch! I found the phone number on the site and it was the owners direct line! What other company has that?! He answered every question I had and was super helpful and pleasant and even said that he was available 24/7 which I believe as I gave him a call at 1am! Anyways, the whole buying experience was beyond my expectations as was my mats. I highly recommend this company!

Reactions: Ron_M3
Here are some photos I took today of the $96 JFIEEI 2021 Tesla Model 3 floor mats to supplement jarvm's photos. The photos speak for themselves.
I’m sorry but these look like a generic fit and not a custom fit like a teslashields mat. The middle part of the 2nd row mat is all curled up and doesn’t look like it fits at all. The drivers has a huge gap on the side and looks like it’s going to slip around. Both the passenger and drivers mat look far too short and don’t have enough coverage. But hey I guess you get for what you pay for🤷‍♀️

What I realized about the frunk mat when I got it a few days ago is that it is totally unnecessary in any case. The space isn't carpeted and there is nothing to really protect. The rear mats fit well.

I'm not sure I needed any of the mats. They are like plastic slipcovers, they'll protect but the protection is worse than what'll happen if they aren't there. My mother had slipcovers on the couch that made it uncomfortable, and it isn't like she took them off for company. 30 years later they were still there all torn. She finally took them off only to realize that she'd missed the chance to actually enjoy the couch all those years. I'll feel the same in my car when I'm ready to sell it.
It’s all about what you need. I know construction workers that swear by those as it protects the delicate carpet from rocks and debris. I know that I need those as I am am an avid camper and do not like to have my carpets muddy and especially that they trap in order and dirt. With an all weather mat, I can simply take them out of the car and hose them down when they’re dirty and basically have a brand new mat all over again!