Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion of Model 3 Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NeverFollow

Aug 9, 2010
I didn't find any comment about it, but for me the front "parking lights" look like an afterthought.
I would have prefer having them more integrated inside the headlight cover than been located on the top like an eyebrow.

unnamed-10-jpg.251786

selvidge_tesla_model_s_texas_mg_8699xx.jpg

Honda-Accord-LED-daytime-running-lights-2.jpg

mk7-golfR.jpg

I agree. The Model 3's headlights look like they are a generation behind.

Interesting. Uniquely designed fully LED headlights, DLR’s and turns looking a generation behind. To me they are are a refreshing change from all the other copycat ‘halo border’ style’s found on everything else new.
Many ‘new’ headlights are still using older HID technology as well at 35 watts/2000 hour life.

Interesting. Uniquely designed fully LED headlights, DLR’s and turns looking a generation behind. To me they are are a refreshing change from all the other copycat ‘halo border’ style’s found on everything else new.
Many ‘new’ headlights are still using older HID technology as well at 35 watts/2000 hour life.
I completely agree, the "angel eye" and "halo" look that BMW introduced almost two decades ago looks to me completely outdated these days. I'm glad Tesla went in a different direction.

UOTE="03DSG, post: 2350824, member: 46080"]What ‘lights’ are you actually referring to? Headlights? DLR’s? Turn signals?[/QUOTE]
All of them. Front rear...etc.

Model 3 lights vs. Model S lights.

upload_2017-10-9_14-56-41.png

upload_2017-10-9_14-57-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-9_14-54-31.png
    upload_2017-10-9_14-54-31.png
    735.2 KB · Views: 197
  • upload_2017-10-9_14-55-15.png
    upload_2017-10-9_14-55-15.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Chewy3
Not especially, they look like every other headlight out there now.
I kind of agree. I still think Model S headlights are cool, but the 'LED eyeliner" look is not unique these days and arguably "me too" as it's been adopted further down market and and even into cheap aftermarket solutions. Model 3's design is definitely more of a brave one (for better or worse), as there's not much "me too" going on there at all. This illicits stronger reactions from people (positive and negative) as it forges its own design aesthetic; one less concerned about looking like other mainstream vehicles, now that Tesla has seen success with their previous vehicles.

UOTE="03DSG, post: 2350824, member: 46080"]What ‘lights’ are you actually referring to? Headlights? DLR’s? Turn signals?

View attachment 252934

View attachment 252935[/QUOTE]

Ok. So your not talking about the headlights as the headlights are off in both pictures. Your talking about the DRL’s. I’m tired of the halo border DRL’s that Tesla and many others have used for years now. I find the Model 3’s DRL’s very unique and refreshing. Nothing else out there quite like them.

View attachment 252934

View attachment 252935

Ok. So your not talking about the headlights as the headlights are off in both pictures. Your talking about the DRL’s. I’m tired of the halo border DRL’s that Tesla and many others have used for years now. I find the Model 3’s DRL’s very unique and refreshing. Nothing else out there quite like them.[/QUOTE]
Everything looks like the Model 3's lights except halos.