TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Display maps in instrument cluster?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tennis, Jul 19, 2016.

1. tennis

tennis Member

Is there any way to get the maps to show in the instrument cluster other than when you are using navigation? When I hold the scroll wheel and go to select navigation it says no route selected -- I don't want to have a route, I just like seeing the map.

Anyone have a hack (or simple way that I am missing!) to always be able to see the map?

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Pretty sure that currently the only way to do it is to navigate somewhere.

3. msnow

msnow Active Member

as max said there's no way to do that.

4. Mike K

Mike K Member

I'd love this. Tesla makes pretty poor use of the instrument cluster display. Audi has knocked it out of the park on their new cars:

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  5. qqragoon

qqragoon Member

i felt this is too much.. defeated Tesla's simple design language. Also, I will need to stare at the cluster display to find location while driving (in local)..

6. zambono

zambono Member

The instrument cluster would need an upgrade that Tegra 3 is already struggling with the dark navigation currently displayed. I was hoping the refreshed S would come with upgraded cpu's for both dash and center but it does not seem to be the case

7. bob_p

bob_p Member

We really can't tell if the current performance problems are due to hardware or software.

The current hardware may be able to do much more than we're seeing today - and the limitation could be more on the side of the software implementation - than constraints due to insufficient performance of the hardware.