Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do Powerwalls restart in morning if they run to zero

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I havent experienced this directly, but I seem to remember reading that if powerwalls are empty they shut down to preserve the battery (so they dont run all the way to "zero" but go into a conserve power low state), then they check every so often for power being generated so they can start filling back up again.

I cant find it, but seem to remember it was something like once an hour or something like that, the powerwall would wake up and check for power. I realize there are a lot of "I seem to remembers" in this post, and I cant find where I read it, sorry.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Yes, but you may have to open all your breakers to get it to restart. If the PW has depleted below the level where it can maintain your loads for the time it takes an inverter to start production (typically 5 minutes) it will shut down again. Do not let your PW run out or you will have to disconnect all loads so it can restart the inverters. Or wait for grid power to be restored.