Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do Teslas have AVAS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone listened to an ICE mercedes or BMW at sub 5mph recently..No... Because you can't hear them either.
Aside from the bangin' music coming from them...

Yes, this is the farce of the whole thing. If they are serious about cars making "noise" at very low speeds then it needs to apply to ALL modern cars, not just EVs.
It begs to question why car manufacturers need to be responsible. 9/10 times (don't have any statistics to back me up) it is probably the pedestrians fault. Stepping into the road without properly looking is probably because everyone has their eyes glued to a mobile device. The only situation I see where noise would be useful would be car parks.

I'd love to see the numbers for road accidents for deaf and blind people vs people without sensory disabilities.

Why not use the sensing radar that is built into new vehicles to identify a person or persons that it deems too close or a danger by virtue of them either standing, walking or moving by other means in or into the path of the moving vehicle (both forwards and in reverse) and, if recognised as a potential danger,use the data to get the onboard electronics to produce an ever increasing warning sound the closer the vehicle gets to the to the person(s) who are judged to be in danger (by the car). Does the sound need to be “on” up to 12mph if there is nobody around!