Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you feel Cheated? Unlimited Super Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California is about $0.26/kWh. So use about 70 kWh every 300 miles. About 2333 kWh for 10000 miles. About $600 a year.

How about wear and tear and depreciation of vehicle to get to a supercharger?

Also, how about opportunity cost of time to sit at a charger when it stops charging at 118 and gets down to 32kw, 18kw, 12kw and wear on battery when above 80% SOC.

I bet few people envision scenarios where FUSC is a negative utility product. ;)

Last edited:
Oh boy
Here’s another thread with a stupid/wildly inaccurate title that will linger on even though the answer was provided two posts in.
By the second or third page people will be answering the thread title without bothering to read any preceding posts.
Welcome to the echo chamber
Echo
Echo
Echo
Cookie
Echo

How about wear and tear and depreciation of vehicle to get to a supercharger?

It's minor if it's on your route, like the two stops I do most weekends to and from my cabin.

Also, how about opportunity cost of time to sit at a charger when it stops charging at 118 and gets down to 32kw, 18kw, 12kw and wear on battery when above 80% SOC.

I have a routine where I get a coffee or something to eat, do some work or emails, clean the car, or do other things I need to do anyway. Also, there's no need to charge above 80% at a supercharger, unless you need it to get to your destination. I never stay long past 80% at a supercharger since the charging is just too slow past that.

Oh boy Here’s another thread with a stupid/wildly inaccurate title

Nice attitude. Someone had a question and it was answered and we are discussing some other things related to it.

No one is forcing you to read past the first few posts which allowed you, in your mind, to determine your superiority and the stupidity of the OP's question. But then you add to it by posting your name calling without adding anything of value to the conversation.

It's minor if it's on your route, like the two stops I do most weekends to and from my cabin.

I have a routine where I get a coffee or something to eat, do some work or emails, clean the car, or do other things I need to do anyway. Also, there's no need to charge above 80% at a supercharger, unless you need it to get to your destination. I never stay long past 80% at a supercharger since the charging is just too slow past that.

Nice attitude. Someone had a question and it was answered and we are discussing some other things related to it.

No one is forcing you to read past the first few posts which allowed you, in your mind, to determine your superiority and the stupidity of the OP's question. But then you add to it by posting your name calling without adding anything of value to the conversation.

I know you have tons of sense. Not everyone does. :)

Take all the scenarios I mentioned above and add in potential aggravation of waits at certain impacted chargers like Qualcomm in San Diego.

I’ve seen reports of altercations and line cutting. Someone is going to get stabbed, go to jail or worse over a few bucks worth of electricity.

I think FUSC is actually a horrible economic idea but I suck it up because it’s a marketing tool.

• Love
Reactions: Jedi2155 and P85_DA
People vastly overestimate the value of free supercharging. You can take road trip that is thousands of miles long for less than $100 in paid supercharging costs.
I have estimated that over a 150,000 mile life time, "free" supercharging could be worth up to $6000 for the average driver. That is much less that what it would have costed to move up from a well optioned Model 3 to a version or vehicle that came with that.

I have estimated that over a 150,000 mile life time, "free" supercharging could be worth up to $6000 for the average driver. That is much less that what it would have costed to move up from a well optioned Model 3 to a version or vehicle that came with that.

It’s not frictionless to get 150,000 miles worth of charging on a Tesla.

You would run a chance of getting stabbed at the Qualcomm charger across 150,000 miles and that’s a cost no one thought of to factor in.

Ya I do feel cheated. As a day one reservation holder I got nothing extra. I believed in Tesla and gave them $1000 to express interest in their car to help them show the world that I plan to support Tesla. Yet I got nothing extra in appreciation. But people who buy now get $100 supercharging credit. And those who bought last month got a full years worth of super charging credit.

Ya I do feel cheated. As a day one reservation holder I got nothing extra. I believed in Tesla and gave them $1000 to express interest in their car to help them show the world that I plan to support Tesla. Yet I got nothing extra in appreciation. But people who buy now get $100 supercharging credit. And those who bought last month got a full years worth of super charging credit.

What about those who got a Roadster that can’t supercharge?

Or a Model S with no parking sensors?

I paid 5000 for EAP and didn’t even have functional auto steer until a year later.

Or those who got assed out taking delivery of a dead end AP1 car a month before AP2 release?

Adjusting for inflation and range , the $49,000 Model 3 is 50 Percent cheaper than the cheapest model s on release.

The Model S probably looks even more terrible when factoring in the other technology and build refinements in the Model 3.

You got your “reward” in full - a ridiculously powerful and awesome vehicle off the backs of those who adopted first. At less than 50 cents on the dollar.

Last edited:
What I’ve learned from following Tesla is to shut off your expectations and sense of entitlement for anything not listed on your order sheet. Anything that comes your way later in the form of supercharger credits or software enhancements is all a bonus. Have you ever bought a car and had any sense of expectation that the car will update and get better over time? No! So don’t start now. Same with perks offered to stimulate demand. Don’t get upset if Tesla gives out $100 supercharger credits. Matter of fact try not to pay attention to any of that stuff. You are past the acquisition phase. Now you are in the enjoyment phase. Don’t look back!

What about those who got a Roadster that can’t supercharge?

Or a Model S with no parking sensors?

I paid 5000 for EAP and didn’t even have functional auto steer until a year later.

Or those who got assed out taking delivery of a dead end AP1 car a month before AP2 release?

Adjusting for inflation and range , the $49,000 Model 3 is 50 Percent cheaper than the cheapest model s on release.

The Model S probably looks even more terrible when factoring in the other technology and build refinements in the Model 3.

You got your “reward” in full - a ridiculously powerful and awesome vehicle off the backs of those who adopted first. At less than 50 cents on the dollar.

Those sound like hardware limitation. Right now there’s no limitation to giving me free supercharging vs those who bought a car now.

Current Model 3 purchases with a referral code get a $100 Supercharger credit. Lifetime included Supercharging was discontinued a while back for S and X, and the 3 Performance was only briefly eligible for a year if included Supercharging.
Really, it was only for a year of unlimited supercharging? That doesn't seem like much of an incentive. I thought it was lifetime.

Don’t feel bad. Unlimited supercharging for referrees was a fraud. I was supposed to get it and I have all the documentation, but Tesla hasn’t accomplished the task of changing my account to reflect that I have it. I have tried until I am blue in the face. Great car. Lame company.

Those sound like hardware limitation. Right now there’s no limitation to giving me free supercharging vs those who bought a car now.

Everyone has to play marketing games. Next year there is going to be a lot of upset people when dual motor drops by $1000 and paint drops by $1000.

It conviently reflects what people would have gotten if they received the full tax subsidy.

Problem with making one exception is you have to make more of them. How far back should it go?

Don’t feel bad. Unlimited supercharging for referrees was a fraud. I was supposed to get it and I have all the documentation, but Tesla hasn’t accomplished the task of changing my account to reflect that I have it. I have tried until I am blue in the face. Great car. Lame company.
How long has it been? It normally takes a month or so for your account to reflect it.

I was also a day 1 reservation holder, when I picked up my car, there was a model 3 diecast in the car. At the time, those were going on eBay for more than $100 so better value than the super charging credit. (I just don't want to hear someone got the credit and the diecast.)