Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you feel Cheated? Unlimited Super Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my M3 in June and I love it.

My Vin is 29xxx

I have to say that I feel a bit cheated now that the 3's come with unlimited Super Charging via referral program.

I always told myself that the S and the X have the unlimited Super Charger because the cars were so expensive the cost is built into the price, but the 3's price did not go up with the addition of unlimited super charging.

What do you think?

Vin

I understood that the 3 now qualifies for unlimited supercharging through the referral program.

Am I mistaken?

Vin

Yes, only as above said $100

Model 3 is officially part of our Referral Program, along with Model S and Model X. Now you can get exclusive awards every time a friend purchases a Tesla with your referral code, and they’ll get a $100 Supercharging credit.

Our newest award gives you the opportunity to laser-etch any image onto glass and launch it into deep space orbit for millions of years. You can check out the full program details and awards

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
No, you're not cheated. You're just being offered more perceived value to get you to buy a car. Those other folks are paying somewhere else, somehow, some way, for that charging, and the price of charging is pretty small. My wife and I spent around $8 for charging on a day trip a while back.

That's about the third time I've used Supercharging on the 3. It's obviously hidden in the price of the car.

That's WAY less than parking in a charging space and not charging, when Tesla bills you for using someone else's charging spot.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
People vastly overestimate the value of free supercharging. You can take road trip that is thousands of miles long for less than $100 in paid supercharging costs.
That’s why when you’re pushing a code on someone, don’t tell them it’s $100 off their 60k car. Tell them exactly what you said: thousands of miles worth of free fuel!

People vastly overestimate the value of free supercharging. You can take road trip that is thousands of miles long for less than $100 in paid supercharging costs.

That assumes people only use free supercharging while travelling, which we know is not the case. For people who never pay for power, and there are many of those people out there, either by choice or because they can't charge at home, the savings is significant, especially if you do a lot of driving.

Reactions: Gavyne
How much did you spend in the nearby store /restaurant/snack bar etc while charging? :p

So true. We will sometimes pack a snack and a Thermos of Coffee ;)

I hope to use about $10 worth of Supercharging most every weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Oh, no charge ($$$) is showing on my display while supercharging. But account still shows "Pay Per Use".