Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model 3' started by nwdiver, Jan 21, 2016.
Poll posted here to get broader feedback...
yes the moment I can
I was going reserve 2 Model 3's. But, I don't want a sedan anymore. I only like cross overs now....so reluctantly I will have to wait perhaps another 1-2 years ( maybe 2019/2020) to get a Model 3 crossover version.
Unfortunately, I live in Texas ( I love Austin, but abhor the rest of Texas ) and the aggressive males here mostly drive pick up trucks, and they often don't use indicators to change lanes and move their pick ups around from lane to lane , like it is a horse.
And, if you don't have the additional height that comes with a crossover or a SUV, then there is a sight disadvantage with the morons on the highways. So, I moved to a cross over about 5 years ago, and I will not go back to a sedan in Texas because of the sight disadvantage in a sedan vs an SUV/ Crossover in Texas.
So, unfortunately, I will have to stick with my MB's until Tesla comes out with the crossover Model 3 version. :-( Sad last 24 hours for me to learn that they will not unveil a crossover version of the Model 3 in March.
Maybe. Not sure how long I want to wait. May end up getting a Bolt in the meantime. But I want to get a longer-range EV as soon as possible.
It all depends on the exchange rate between the C$ and US$
I'm torn. On the one hand I really want bragging rights of being in the first couple of hundred or thousand (non-Sig) buyers and I want to help Tesla rack up a huge total number of reservations to show the world they underestimate demand for Teslas. On the other hand I'm not sure it's that much of an advantage for me personally, and I almost would rather keep accumulating stock to pay for it instead of having it sit in their bank acct for a couple of years doing nothing. It's hard for me to plan such a big purchase so far in advance, because I don't know when it will start shipping, how long it will take to ramp up, whether the tax credits will still be there, if I will still have a good paying job by then, etc. Also the first wave of cars from any manufacturer will have defects. My uncle is retired from a Ford factory and he advised never buying a new model car the first year it's on sale. Also there's the timing of a possible interim car lease. I suppose it's really down to how f-ing awesome the reveal is, and also how much $ they want down. If it's only $1k then I'll probably just do it. If it's $2500 like some people speculate, forget it. I'll just wait my turn in line.
I hope they have a low number - like $495.
(I've had a S/X reservation of $5k for some years now ... I look at it as funding Tesla free for a while)