Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think Ford will touch HOV lane access?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay . This forum is good . I at least know that ppl thinks HoV being left mean the fastest lane if traffic moving well . If traffic moving well , driving Hov, I must drive faster than adjacent non HOV lane.

Don’t know if that shall be the case. But knowing ppl’s perception is good to avoid collisions.

Okay . This forum is good . I at least know that ppl thinks HoV being left mean the fastest lane if traffic moving well . If traffic moving well , driving Hov, I must drive faster than adjacent non HOV lane.

Don’t know if that shall be the case. But knowing ppl’s perception is good to avoid collisions.

Wow, this turned into a discussion far from the original topic :)

Since I started the post, I guess I'll weigh in too...

I agree with the comment that cars in the HOV lane should be moving faster than traffic to the right. In general that means not being an ass and hypermiling....but I drive a lot in the HOV lane with stopped traffic beside me, and it's completely unsafe to go 120 km/h in that situation...despite what some idiots tailgating me think....

I've had people cut across the double lines even (often people alone and not even allowed to access the HOV), all because they are in a rush and in one case I had to basically swerve into the guardrail to avoid slamming into someone at 100 km/h...so because of those people, if traffic is stopped beside me I try to limit to around 90-100...if no one is behind me I'll even go 80 just to be safe.

If traffic is flowing well in the non HOV lanes, then for sure you shouldn't be in them and let the people who want to go 150 have at it.

That's my $0.02....

Wow, this turned into a discussion far from the original topic :)

Since I started the post, I guess I'll weigh in too...

I agree with the comment that cars in the HOV lane should be moving faster than traffic to the right. In general that means not being an ass and hypermiling....but I drive a lot in the HOV lane with stopped traffic beside me, and it's completely unsafe to go 120 km/h in that situation...despite what some idiots tailgating me think....

I've had people cut across the double lines even (often people alone and not even allowed to access the HOV), all because they are in a rush and in one case I had to basically swerve into the guardrail to avoid slamming into someone at 100 km/h...so because of those people, if traffic is stopped beside me I try to limit to around 90-100...if no one is behind me I'll even go 80 just to be safe.

If traffic is flowing well in the non HOV lanes, then for sure you shouldn't be in them and let the people who want to go 150 have at it.

That's my $0.02....

Most ppl who cut in front of you across double line, I bet you those are ICE and only one person in the car.

Reactions: pcons