Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you Wave or Wave Back at other Tesla drivers on the road?

Do you Wave or Wave Back at other Teslas on the road?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Michigan and you'd think that we would acknowledge each other more because of the whole "anti-Tesla" legislation crap we have. Nope, I always wave and flash my high beams, but have only gotten one or two back. It could be that the demographic for the S and X in Michigan make for snobbier people.

I hear you! In Virginia, the legislators seem to be anti-Tesla as well. Big oil must have a big hand in our state. I think I get caught by surprise when I see another Tesla. I'm be-bopping along, rocking to slacker, and kind of do a squeal when I see another one, but half the time it's too late to acknowledge them. Maybe that's what is going on for you, too? :)

All the Teslas used to wave and flash lights a couple of years ago, but it's happening less and less these days. I guess the demographic of the owners is shifting from being from being hard-core fans to people that just like the car for what it is.
Same with Jeep Wranglers
In the past, we all waved but now that it seems to be an "in vehicle ", waving has almost ceased, with the exception of heavily modified jeeps.

I always wave....even if I'm in my other truck. I'm sure they find its weird that a dude in a Ram 1500 is waving to them all the time.

Happens to me all the time. Only after the first strange looks at my waving do I realise I'm driving my wife's Mini :).

Anyway, Tesla waving must be down to 50% over here (used to be around 100%, a few years back) but that being said I still sometimes get a thumbs up from someone driving an ICE.

I also wave at Nissan Leafs and Renault Zoés as well but they just never seem to get the point :).

• Funny
Reactions: Mrcook4590
I always wave, if I'm fast enough. Not only Teslas, every BEV
A lot wave back, except the Netherlands/Norwegian (too many Teslas there?).
It makes me feel younger. It's like when I was 18 year old and driving my motorbike. ;)