Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does adding FSD to your config improve your EDD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I'm seeing mixed opinions on this, but I have an OD of 9/17 for a MYLR with no FSD with an ETA of May 4 - June 1. Are there any anecdotes out there about adding FSD to improve your ETA? It seems like I'm able to add it, possibly get a VIN sooner, then take it off before delivery at no cost. Anyone have comments on this? Thanks!

Hey everyone. I'm seeing mixed opinions on this, but I have an OD of 9/17 for a MYLR with no FSD with an ETA of May 4 - June 1. Are there any anecdotes out there about adding FSD to improve your ETA? It seems like I'm able to add it, possibly get a VIN sooner, then take it off before delivery at no cost. Anyone have comments on this? Thanks!
Yes, some have postulated / calculated that FSD will get you closer to the front of the line. But so will a Performance, which is wroth the extra compared to FSD, imho, especially since $199/mo subscription is available.

I would order a Performance over getting FSD. I have FSD beta now with my Model 3 and it’s hot garbage. I’m actually NOT getting it on my Y.

I’ve heard some chatter about this, I wonder if it’ll work. Let’s have some people try it lol
My SA said that if I add now, after ordering without, then I could remove down the line. I’m wondering if they’ll institute some sort of rule that says once you order, you’re locked in. I feel that would get more backlash than this whole process of jumping the most expensive orders to the front of the line.

Anecdotally I ordered a M3LR with FSD on 3/4, but my EDD still isn’t until end of May-June even though someone ordering the same thing today seems to get an EDD of April. Doesn’t seem fair or make sense, but I’m hoping my EDD moves up.
I will say it’s a little disconcerting how little rhyme or reason there is for when people get delivered cars, especially nowadays.

My SA said that if I add now, after ordering without, then I could remove down the line. I’m wondering if they’ll institute some sort of rule that says once you order, you’re locked in. I feel that would get more backlash than this whole process of jumping the most expensive orders to the front of the line.
I tried it and will report back. I added FSD for $10k but still have the option to remove it. Albeit, my order date is 9/17 and I'm expecting an EOQ delivery, but still wanted to try it out. A user on Reddit was able to get it to work.

Reactions: UW_MYLR
Has anyone noticed that if you buy a car now with FSD the edd stays the same as your car config? A base model with FSD is still Jan to April 2023

For sure Tesla is having trouble keeping up with orders. Hopefully the end of quarter earnings call sheds some light on the issues (demand, supply, production, staffing). As the lower end orders stack up Tesla will have to eventually cave in to lower profit MYLR production. Maybe they hope Austin's ramp up with the more efficient 4680 will help solve their pickle.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve