Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does adding FSD to your config improve your EDD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they QUIT allowing FSD to affect the date but I added it over a week ago and it didn't do anything anyway when they did.

I think they QUIT allowing FSD to affect the date but I added it over a week ago and it didn't do anything anyway when they did.

people who are adding FSD are getting bumped up almost 5 months. i added mine last night. i think this could be true but they also just added on the website “removing FSD will cause delivery delay” so they are obviously catching on to what people are doing. But i still think you may have a chance of getting bumped up.

The issue was that ppl were adding FSD at time of order to get the shortened EDD which at the time coincided with Tesla allowing orders to be edited w/o affecting EDD. Thus ppl exploited the system by adding FSD at order then removing FSD, w/o affecting EDD. That loop was closed fwiw. There was an article on it too iirc.

The issue was that ppl were adding FSD at time of order to get the shortened EDD which at the time coincided with Tesla allowing orders to be edited w/o affecting EDD. Thus ppl exploited the system by adding FSD at order then removing FSD, w/o affecting EDD. That loop was closed fwiw. There was an article on it too iirc.
yes but now if you try to remove it it tells you it will delay delivery. i added it with no intention of removing. so we shall see.

I added it last Friday went from September to April today.

Reactions: alyssavega3
how long after adding FSD should you expect a change? one person said that tesla said 1-2 weeks. just curious on other peoples experience 😁
I wouldnt expect to get the big bump they were giving last week. Now, it may prevent your EDD from pushing out, or small pull in of EDD, as they tend to priorities any car that has extra Costs. I wouldnt expect to see anything until you are 1-2 months prior to EDD, if at all. But its really random.

Reactions: alyssavega3
I added FSD and got a slight ETA pull-in, but then when I saw on Reddit that you can change to Performance and keep the price from the time that you ordered, I upgraded to Performance and took delivery on Friday.
Oh I didn't know that. I have a MYLR5 white/white tow hitch ordered 8/6/2021 with EDD 5/16 to 6/27/2022. How can I upgrade it to Performance and still retain the pricing from August 2021, that would be very good.