Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know what these are?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just got my model 3 a couple days ago and have some quick questions. When I was checking the car a bit more closely when I got home, I noticed 4 small plastic rectangular caps/flaps that were open on the underside of the car (2 on each side). I took a pic of it and it looks like it had holes for screw. Are they bolted down for you guys? or I'm not the only one with empty holes? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3af.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3af.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Barklikeadog
I don't know, hopefully somebody else might, but if I had those I'd be at the Service center asking questions. The flanges make it seem that they are meant to have screws and be covered, to me at least. Of course i do not yet have a Model 3 and truthfully haven't a clue.

@oneshortguy that does look like what I'm talking about, and the ones i'm talking about is below the doors. From the video though, it does look like those have bolts in them. Wonder why when I picked my car up they were open and without any bolt. I also got the same missing clips in my rear wheel wells that others have mentioned

@oneshortguy that does look like what I'm talking about, and the ones i'm talking about is below the doors. From the video though, it does look like those have bolts in them. Wonder why when I picked my car up they were open and without any bolt. I also got the same missing clips in my rear wheel wells that others have mentioned

Similar assembly with the plastic tabs as well?

I deleted my original post because I thought it was irrelevant right after I posted.

For viewer reference, this is what I previously posted:

At 3:22, there are tabs in the rear bumper similar to photos posted on this thread.

@oneshortguy ya they feel like the same thing to hold the undercarriage plastic trim. I'm guessing the entire under side has many bolts because even though i see the missing bolts (not sure if they are done this way on purpose as i have no other m3s to compare with) the trim feels rigid and secure