Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone tip Tesla valets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When a valet "flat-beds" your car to you from service, does anyone ever tip them?

Is it encouraged? A no-no? I have gotten to "know" my valet quite well after having him pick up and drop off my car more times than he and I can count over the past 3 months ... very nice guy.

But then it got me to thinking ... does he think I'm cheap??? As I have never tipped him.

If yes, what is the appropriate amount ... he drives 130 miles one way to get to me. Is that relevant?

Coming from Australia and having visited the USA a few times, I fundamentally disagree with the practice/concept of tipping.

If any tipping was to occur IMO it should be for exceptional service, not just any or good service and it certainly shouldn't be a mechanism to boost wages or avoid taxes.

Coming from Australia and having visited the USA a few times, I fundamentally disagree with the practice/concept of tipping.

If any tipping was to occur IMO it should be for exceptional service, not just any or good service and it certainly shouldn't be a mechanism to boost wages or avoid taxes.

Fwiw: different counties, different rules. While in Japan I never tipped since it was not part of the culture. In Au (as I'm sure you know) the wages are higher for service staff so tipping is less required.

However in the States tipping is a core part of most service persons income. So, dip into your pocket and please tip fairly.

Valet service at a SC? Not following. To do what?
IMG_0715.JPG