Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone with AP1 (or pre-AP1) have got any 2019 software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance model owners are avoiding 2019.x because it breaks Max Battery and Launch Mode on P85DL and P90DL. P100DL seems to be OK, but that might also be due to them being AP2.

I don't care about launch mode or max battery power ("I want my mommy" most of the time). The other perks of upgrading, including 150 kW charge rate and on route battery warmup are most appealing to me...

Still enjoying my obsolete AP1, MCU1 car :) Even after 3 years of ownership, the acceleration still feels unreal to me--it shouldn't be possible...

Reactions: madodel
At 2019.12.1.1, I do not see the location-based auto folding mirrors under "Control". It isn't listed in my release notes either.

Does it apply to other models?
Under Quick Controls there should be a button to fold the mirrors manually - do you have that? Only after folding the mirrors will you see the option to remember to fold at the current location. The feature wasn’t mentioned in my release notes for 2019.12.1.1 either, so non-obvious to me at first

Under Quick Controls there should be a button to fold the mirrors manually - do you have that? Only after folding the mirrors will you see the option to remember to fold at the current location. The feature wasn’t mentioned in my release notes for 2019.12.1.1 either, so non-obvious to me at first

Thanks. I have "Controls" (the car icon at the lower left corner of the screen). What's in the "Quick Controls"?

On Edit: I got it. Thanks. It's not obvious as you said. I see it now. Also, like you said the wording "Always Fold Mirrors at This Location" next to the UNFOLD button does not appear until you manually fold the mirrors first.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoerumHill
The bug where it reset your TACC speed if you cancelled autosteer by turning the steering wheel is gone.
Good to know.
I think the only thing I haven't had time to mess with is USB music, which has always been kind of a minefield anyway.
As with every update, there's a new regression.
Just going to keep enjoying my old, discontinued, obsolete AP1 car from the future.....
Same here! The lesson I've learned is just to enjoy my Model S as it is and not be in a hurry to install updates. Software updates are simultaneously the best and worst thing about the car. Since there's no information provided before you hit the button, it's a gamble as to whether you'll be (un)pleasantly surprised by the mixture of improved/reduced functionality and the inevitable bugs that go with it.

Couldn't have said it better! Still enjoying my really ancient even MORE obsolete 2012 Signature 85 ... From the future!
People keep asking me why I don't trade my Sig X in for a newer, faster, better one. Maybe for a 200KW battery, but even then I'd have to give up my cooled seats, my automatic spoiler, and my beautiful Sig Red. I don't need a car that drives itself since I actually enjoy driving my X. And with these updates it just keeps getting better. Does anyone really need to do 0-60 in under 3.8 seconds? :D