Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone with AP1 (or pre-AP1) have got any 2019 software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished updating 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29 on our 2015 Model S 85 (AP1). It took about 20 minutes. Battery warm-up should be a plus on our trip from Overland Park, KS to Verona, WI when we visit our son there. Checking/Requesting new software option could be useful. Not sure additional Atari games will be that useful to us.

Looks like Tesla is pushing this software hard to all their cars.

Not sure if there is any correlation but I "rebooted" may car yesterday and I got the new software today. This has happened twice.

Just finished updating 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29 on our 2015 Model S 85 (AP1). It took about 20 minutes. Battery warm-up should be a plus on our trip from Overland Park, KS to Verona, WI when we visit our son there. Checking/Requesting new software option could be useful. Not sure additional Atari games will be that useful to us.

Not sure if there is any correlation but I "rebooted" may car yesterday and I got the new software today. This has happened twice.

It can be related, but is often coincidental. I rebooted and redid the Wi-Fi several days ago - and for the firmware last night like everyone else.

[QUOTE="RobK, post: 3619583, member: 72440"

Not sure if there is any correlation but I "rebooted" may car yesterday and I got the new software today. This has happened twice.[/QUOTE]

I think it’s more that Tesla is pushing hard. Both of my ap1 cars got this one last night, I don’t think both have ever received an update on the same day.

...Looks like Tesla is pushing this software hard to all their cars...
So it appears. I just got 2019.12.1.1, only three days after getting 2019.8.6.3, after more than 12 weeks of no updates. I'm puzzled why they bothered pushing 2019.8.6.3 to a few of us.

From the firmware tracker site (Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App) 2019.12.1.1 is a wide release.

So it appears. I just got 2019.12.1.1, only three days after getting 2019.8.6.3, after more than 12 weeks of no updates. I'm puzzled why they bothered pushing 2019.8.6.3 to a few of us.

From the firmware tracker site (Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App) 2019.12.1.1 is a wide release.

I just got it last night. New (for a 2012 pre AP car like mine) … What is known = Additional and improved Atari "nonsense". Battery conditioning when on route to a super charger, Dog Mode, Software monitoring from the quick controls menu. What I'm hoping for = 120 + KW speed at superchargers?? A functional browser? Slightly less (or not glitchy at all) media player. and lastly THE LONG SHOT that does not exist in the wild and maybe nowhere "YET" is V8 functionality to give me my center screen real estate back so I can put on it what I WANT as opposed to having maps take over the entire screen, AT ALL TIMES! Yes I know ….. the last item is wishful thinking but hey. who knows what's cooking in some developers cubicle on his screens, as he slaves away. lol!!

2015 P90DL AP1- V9.0 2019.12.1.1
Not already mentioned in release note:
Quick controls adds location based auto folding mirrors
Driving control adds Ludicrous+ with max battery delete
Safety adds speed limit down to 50mph (was it this low before?)

Noticed I use less power today roughly about 40-50 w/h less . I usually average 320-330 per mile and today it was 280s!!

Can someone confirm if they also notice a slight efficiency??

Just got 2019.12.1.1 on my 2015 AP1 70D.
Dog Mode
Auto Fold mirrors
New Atari Games
Firmware Update thing
Additional UI languages

My Release Notes screen was blank, so the list above is what I observed looking through the UI.

Question: Is there a setting or a description somewhere that talks about battery warming while driving to Supercharger? I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere.

Dog Mode
Auto Fold mirrors
New Atari Games
Firmware Update thing
Additional UI languages

My Release Notes screen was blank, so the list above is what I observed looking through the UI.

Question: Is there a setting or a description somewhere that talks about battery warming while driving to Supercharger? I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere.

Try accessing the release notes from "Software Update thing" to see if you can indeed access the release notes.

I was able to access the release notes and it clearly states that the system will prep the battery as it gets close to a Supercharger (has to be on NAV). It is supposed to charge battery 25% faster with this.

just got 2019.12.11.1 4b1dd29 on 5/2013 S85
no release notes, which might be cause browser no longer works
As far as i can tell zero change except there is a software download button..
where is dog mode, preconditioning, etc?

i used NAV to go to supercharger.

I tried supercharging and saw no difference - from 34% to 72% was listed as 50 minutes. teslafi has completely different results than that though.

Dog Mode
Auto Fold mirrors
New Atari Games
Firmware Update thing
Additional UI languages

AP1 P100DL, just got it last night too and my release notes were also blank (and my browser also does not work). I noticed all the updates you mentioned looking through my UI and also clicked on nearby superchargers and saw "150 kW" as the max charge rate so hopefully that means I can accept those rates. Also hoping for on-route battery warmup!

Got a chance to try out the browser yesterday on my home WiFi
Can confirm, browser is much snappier on 2019.12.1.1 vs 2019.8.5 and earlier. Pages actually load now!
I saw the same yesterday, much improved browser performance with 2019.12.1.1 compared to earlier versions, including V8.1. The browser may actually be useful now. I also have the owner's manual back, something that hadn't been working on 2018.50.6.

AP1 P100DL, just got it last night too and my release notes were also blank (and my browser also does not work). I noticed all the updates you mentioned looking through my UI and also clicked on nearby superchargers and saw "150 kW" as the max charge rate so hopefully that means I can accept those rates. Also hoping for on-route battery warmup!
Are you sure your P100D is an AP1?
I would say it is an AP2 at minimum.

Dog Mode
Auto Fold mirrors
New Atari Games
Firmware Update thing
Additional UI languages

I got the 12.1.1 update last night. I got all of the updates like everyone else but I also noticed I now have insane mode and insane mode+. Before the update I only had insane mode.

I haven't been able to find any details on it so I don't know if insane mode+ is the same as the previous insane mode or if they buffed it and I have a faster mode now.

This is on a 2014 model S P85D