Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone with AP1 (or pre-AP1) have got any 2019 software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: Is there a setting or a description somewhere that talks about battery warming while driving to Supercharger? I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere.

There is not. This is an automated feature with no controls, other than it will automatically occur in the last few minutes of your approach to a supercharger if you plugged it in to navigation. This is executed by routing the motor heat into the battery.

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I got the 12.1.1 update last night. I got all of the updates like everyone else but I also noticed I now have insane mode and insane mode+. Before the update I only had insane mode.

I haven't been able to find any details on it so I don't know if insane mode+ is the same as the previous insane mode or if they buffed it and I have a faster mode now.

This is on a 2014 model S P85D

I have an extra "Ludicrous Plus" mode which is basically max battery power. I still have to hold down the "Ludicrous" button to get the spaceballs animation and the "I want my mommy" message to turn on the real Ludi Plus.

Are you sure your P100D is an AP1?
I would say it is an AP2 at minimum.

Very sure. I am one of the few who got them, including the Drag Times Youtuber. Ordered when it first came out, right before AP2 was announced. My story is a long one, but I basically ordered a P90DL after a total loss accident and got upgraded to P100DL but unfortunately not AP2.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP
I noticed the reverse thing as well. Its beyond annoying should have an option to disable it. Also there is a bug with FM where if you shift to reverse you no longer have sound unless you switch to slacker, or tunein first then switch back. Version: 2019.12.1.1

2014 Model S85 AP1 received 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29 update last night. Definitely AP feels smoother. Will check later if Super Charging rate is any faster.

D1ykfeP.jpg

Looks like 2019.12.1.1 has now gone into wide release. Sure took long enough.

I'm starting to see a very disturbing trend: Favoring Model 3 for the newest updates, while Model S and X trail far behind...

Yes we early adopters (AP1) are being left behind as we do not have the appropriate HW/Sensors to support newer functionalities for FSD. Model 3 has the latest hardware and batteries that can do a lot more. Also there is a much larger base of Model 3s, that will keep growing faster.

That said, it still stings to be left behind.

Yes we early adopters (AP1) are being left behind as we do not have the appropriate HW/Sensors to support newer functionalities for FSD.
I still call BS on Elons statement of not being able to retrofit AP1 cars. I have taken a lot of my car apart and while I agree it would be expensive if Tesla did it (and they clearly don't have the time), I think a third party could do it for less than $10-$20k USD.

A couple days ago, I punched the button to install what turned out to be 2019.12.1.1, and the sky didn't fall. The only thing that I found surprising was a different HVAC UI (from 2018.50.6). The map might have a slightly better refresh rate, but that could be a placebo effect. The bug where it reset your TACC speed if you cancelled autosteer by turning the steering wheel is gone. Otherwise, not a big deal (I don't need geofenced autofolding mirrors, I don't have a dog, and I don't play the Atari games). I think the only thing I haven't had time to mess with is USB music, which has always been kind of a minefield anyway.

Just going to keep enjoying my old, discontinued, obsolete AP1 car from the future.....

Bruce.

A couple days ago, I punched the button to install what turned out to be 2019.12.1.1, and the sky didn't fall. The only thing that I found surprising was a different HVAC UI (from 2018.50.6). The map might have a slightly better refresh rate, but that could be a placebo effect. The bug where it reset your TACC speed if you cancelled autosteer by turning the steering wheel is gone. Otherwise, not a big deal (I don't need geofenced autofolding mirrors, I don't have a dog, and I don't play the Atari games). I think the only thing I haven't had time to mess with is USB music, which has always been kind of a minefield anyway.

Just going to keep enjoying my old, discontinued, obsolete AP1 car from the future.....

Bruce.
Performance model owners are avoiding 2019.x because it breaks Max Battery and Launch Mode on P85DL and P90DL. P100DL seems to be OK, but that might also be due to them being AP2.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Performance model owners are avoiding 2019.x because it breaks Max Battery and Launch Mode on P85DL and P90DL. P100DL seems to be OK, but that might also be due to them being AP2.

Some performance owners perhaps. Honestly I don't care about launch mode. I am not racing my car and don't care if it is 3.1 seconds 0-60 or 3.2 s. The car is fast enough to just hit the pedal forcefully with your foot, the few times that I have done it. Usually I creep off the line a bit first then hammer the accelerator as I feel it is a little more forgiving to the axles. It given the other car a false hope as well. ;)

I used to enjoy launching my racebike at the start of each race by feathering the clutch and twisting the throttle just enough to keep the front wheel 1 inch off the ground for a few hundred feet (any higher and you loose acceleration). Now that was a challenge. Launch mode in a car? any monkey can do it.