TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Does it need the 2nd row center conclose for Model X 6 seats?Do you have it now?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by guipingfang, Jul 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

Near days I fuound that some Teslafans have ordered the new MX6 with the conclose.As for me I think it is less space for the family which have the Children,Maybe it is suit for the businessman.Just like the picture show.

Attached Files:

2. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I have it
    Makes it more like a sports coupe than a van. I would recommend.

3. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

Wow,cool!Could you share the picture for us?We'd like to see that.Because I just see it from the official net.

4. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

took some photos
    Not sure how to post

5. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

6. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

It really doesn't affect center passengers comfort, but is a nice arm rest and storage

7. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

Yes,but for the 3rd seat if they have a long leg?

8. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

9. Jurnimon

Jurnimon Member

The center console does look fantastic! Very functional if you mostly cary 3 or four people. I'd still go with the 6 seat option for the space it provides both for leg room for 3rd row passengers. Also, we used the center area to store small bags for our long road trip. It's nice to have mini van functionality with out being in a minvan! ;) If Tesla made that center console removable that would be the best of both worlds IMHO.

I'm enticed by the new fold flat 7 seat option, if the second row can move up enough to give the 3rd row passengers ample leg room.

10. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I don't think it affects 3rd row comfort.
    I'll try to post a pix later. We move center up a tad anyway, when carrying 6. It's skinnier on the bottom.

11. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

I also noticed the new 7 seat Tesla.I think it will be more charming than the 6 seats in the future.

• Like x 1
  12. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

Yeah,it exactly.That is a solution too.

13. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Problem with 7 seater is head room for center, middle seat. That's main reason went with 6 seater. For family with smaller children, 7seater probably ok

• Informative x 1
  14. xcell

xcell MX Driver

I would like to custom-fit my 6 seater with the console (and the hueless setbacks) - but waiting since 10 month with no answer from Tesla...
    Does anyone knows where to order a console (besides from Tesla)?

15. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

According to other posts it is not possible to retrofit the center console. Only factory installed.

16. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I would get it if I were to buy again...only used the 3rd row seats once since I got the car. And hopefully it will prevent stuff in the trunk from rolling into the front.

17. Peteski

Peteski Member

I think the centre console is a good idea in principle but they could have made it far more useful. It didn't need drinks holders because pop-out ones are already provided (do you really need 4 cup holders?) and the storage space looks tiny relative to the size of the console. They could have made it a lot more practical than it is. As it is I wouldn't bother with the console and make the most of the "aisle" space, which for me is THE big attraction of the 6 seater anyway.

18. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

I have the center console on my model X and I like it, but would have preferred a removable option so you could put it in when you wanted and when you use the back seats you could remove it if you wanted. We mainly use the X as a 4 seater and it is nice to have in that use case.

19. Peteski

Peteski Member

Making it removable would probably have safety implications. If the console wasn't secured properly and came away in a major crash it would be very bad news for the occupants and probably a big pay day for the lawyers.

20. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

They should have made the console replace the middle seat, so that it could be adjusted forward/backward!