Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does key fob summon work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone who has received the latest update (2019.7.x) and has the M3 key fob please weigh in on whether/how well the new "summon with key fob" feature works? I can't find where anything has been said about it in actual real-world use.

This would be a key data point for me in deciding whether to invest another $3k in FSD before Monday; I do have the key fob and the ability to summon my car out of my garage would be super-useful, but there is literally zero connection available (wifi OR cellular) while it is in said garage, so "summon via app" is worthless to me. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Reports are that Summon With Key Fob in 2019.7.11 (unfortunately I'm still on 2019.5.15)

The What's-New notes from Tesla state:
"You can move your Model 3 in and out of a parking space from outside the car using a paired key fob. To initiate Summon, stand within 10 feet (3 meters) of the parked car and press and hod the top center button on the key fob until the hazard lights blink continuously. Press the front or rear trunk button on the key fob to move the car forward and reverse respectively.
Note: To operate Summon with key fob, 'Require Continuous Press' must be set to NO under Controls > Autopilot > Customize Summon."

2019.7.11 also has V3 Supercharging :)

-Mark

• Informative
Reactions: BobAbooey