Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the 12 volt accessory plug in the trunk area of the Y stay active if car is turned off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the Jackery is expecting no more than 14.7 V or so the 16V could overdo things.
Too high of voltage is an issue I've been worried about. One needs to look at the specifications to see what the input voltage range is.

I've thought of getting a 200+ Ah 12 V LIFePO4 battery, and using a DC to battery charger. I only found a few that could handle 16VDC input. I would then run an inverter, and 12VDC accessory outlets off of it. I think I need to get a battery with a built in heater.

have you called and asked Jackery tech support....they are pretty good at responding....since it just happens with your 1500, I would tend to think it is a design or spec issue......certainly give them a shot
I did give them a call, and they thought it was a cable issue, hence I ended up with more new cables, which turned out became hot also. I even bought a second 1500 (I had another purpose for a second one), and this too, has shown the exact same symptom.

I'm sorta happy enough with charging Jackery 300, which in turn charges Jackery 1500 method, so I didn't make a deal out of this. I carry 300 all the time in the car, but carry 1500 only when I need it, so it's kinda more flexible too...

Note that Jackery 300 does NOT have this issue. For some reason, Jackery 1500 pulls more current than the 300 when charging at full speed on Tesla's sockets.

I realize this is a total waste, since I am cycling the 300 over and over again while charging the 1500, but at least 300 is much cheaper to replace and I only need to carry 1500 while we are traveling which is few weeks per year, although once we both retire in few years, this will happen much more frequently.

If the PRO versions don't show this issue, it could be a solution, although the battery must fit in the rear footwell, as we camp/sleep/boondock while travelling.

I see the Jackery 2000 Pro lists DC Input: 8 Amps draw at 11 to 17.5 VDC input. That should draw nice and safely from a Tesla, but people mentioned heating of the socket. I would swap the cigarette lighter socket for a better one, or put in a dedicated high current socket in parallel. Note, a poor quality plug can also heatup the socket by not providing enough contact area or pressure. This is a big issue with the center pin. Jackery seams to use a barrel connector on their end. I doubt they are using a custom size, but who knows. The can be bought from places like DigiKey and Mouser. Make sure you select one with a high enough voltage rating. Different ones with the same size can have wildly differing voltage ratings, like 12VDC versus 50VDC.

Thankfully they aren't using the Amass XT series of connectors like some others are. I've seen a panel mount Amass XT60 male connector directly connected to the battery terminals, no fuse, and no over voltage protection. It could be shorted by an inserted metal object. Also the battery voltage is greater than the Amass XT60 is rated for.