Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Center Console from new Model S fit the 2015 Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

My neighbour will be buying a new P100DL this week and I'll be buying his old 2015 P85DL. They actually prefer the yacht floor of their 2015 P85DL and I prefer the center console of their new P100DL. They were wondering if it's possible to swap them:
  • Install the yacht floor from the 2015 P85DL in the new P100DL, and
  • Install the center console from the new P100DL in the 2015 P85DL
Any idea on whether or not this is possible, and if so, how difficult the swap would be?

Thanks!

Thanks jelloslug!

I guess I would have to swap the entire console, including the centre armrest. In other words, it sounds the storage part of the console can't simply be swapped with the yacht-floor part of the console. Is this a pretty easy DIY project, or something I should get Tesla or a body shop to do?

Thanks!

Thanks jelloslug!

I guess I would have to swap the entire console, including the centre armrest. In other words, it sounds the storage part of the console can't simply be swapped with the yacht-floor part of the console. Is this a pretty easy DIY project, or something I should get Tesla or a body shop to do?

Thanks!
You can actually just swap in parts of the new console rather than the entire thing depending on how much of it you want. If you just want the front storage compartment and don't care about the rear cupholders and USB ports, you can add the storage to your existing console and just change the side panels. If you want the entire thing, you will have to swap the entire console as the rear part of the frame is different to accommodate the rear cupholders. Either situation is a relatively easy swap with everything bolting in. Here is a short thread on what is under the newer console: So, what is under the new center console..... and here is a pdf of the Tesla instructions on how to completely retrofit the new console: http://jelloslug.com/Tesla/SB-10081841-5448 2nd Generation Premium Center Console Retrofit.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: VifferFun
You can actually just swap in parts of the new console rather than the entire thing depending on how much of it you want. If you just want the front storage compartment and don't care about the rear cupholders and USB ports, you can add the storage to your existing console and just change the side panels. If you want the entire thing, you will have to swap the entire console as the rear part of the frame is different to accommodate the rear cupholders. Either situation is a relatively easy swap with everything bolting in. Here is a short thread on what is under the newer console: So, what is under the new center console..... and here is a pdf of the Tesla instructions on how to completely retrofit the new console: http://jelloslug.com/Tesla/SB-10081841-5448 2nd Generation Premium Center Console Retrofit.pdf

Thanks again, that incredibly helpful! You have your own domain! :)

My neighbour simply wants to get ride of the centre storage compartments so that they can have the yacht floor back (she likes it for her purse). I'm the opposite where I'd love to get rid of the yacht floor so that I could have a centre storage compartment. It sounds like it will be especially simple to swap, since they'll be keeping the "skeleton" of the P100DL.

Thanks!!

Thanks again, that incredibly helpful! You have your own domain! :)

My neighbour simply wants to get ride of the centre storage compartments so that they can have the yacht floor back (she likes it for her purse). I'm the opposite where I'd love to get rid of the yacht floor so that I could have a centre storage compartment. It sounds like it will be especially simple to swap, since they'll be keeping the "skeleton" of the P100DL.

Thanks!!
Yep, that would be a very easy swap. Take the one piece side panels and the from storage compartment and swap them with the two piece side panels and the yacht floor in the other one.

• Informative
Reactions: VifferFun