Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Jaguar I-Pace Seat 5 and can be purchased in 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The comparison was to Model X third-row (the two rear seats), which has no shoulder room. I am expecting I-Pace to do better on its second row.

Well, he's talking about the middle seat of the 2nd row of the I-Pace compared to the 3rd row seats of the Model X. And yes, the 3rd row Model X seats likely have more room than the middle seat of the 2nd row of the I-Pace. The I-Pace is actually narrower than the E-Pace (small ICE SUV), much less the F-Pace (bigger ICE SUV). It is wider than a Bolt though... matter of fact, it's almost the same length as the F-Pace. But it is also has less height than all of those...

It will be very interesting to see if Jaguar can pull this off at a reasonable price point. It is a Model Y competitor in size, even though quite a few writers will lazily compare it against a Model X. They claim 530 liters of rear load space, but given that sharply raked rear glass, I'm not sure it has all that much more real cargo space than a Model 3 with the rear seats up.

Well, he's talking about the middle seat of the 2nd row of the I-Pace compared to the 3rd row seats of the Model X. And yes, the 3rd row Model X seats likely have more room than the middle seat of the 2nd row of the I-Pace.

There is no middle seat on the I-Pace concept.

Just to elaborate, this is what the OP posted:

MXWing said:
The two rear Model X seats look more spacious than two of the middle I-Pace "Middle seats?"

Considering that there is no middle seat, let alone two, in the I-Pace - other than the second row bucket seats - you can see how that is and was not very forthcoming... ;)

But sure, two Model X third-row seats certainly are more spacious than the space left between the two concept seats in the four-seater I-Pace concept car. Which is like comparing, I don't know, the size of a center arm-rest to a seat or something, makes no sense...

They claim 530 liters of rear load space, but given that sharply raked rear glass, I'm not sure it has all that much more real cargo space than a Model 3 with the rear seats up.

I-Pace of course is a class smaller than Model X, that is clear from the two-row setup anyway. Yes, it is a Model Y competitor, though coming sooner. However, suggesting that a Model 3 sedan without a hatchback would somehow have similar real cargo space is ludicrous IMO, even if making it conditional they way you did...