Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the model 3 actually have a trunk in the front?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wouldn't expect anything larger than that for rear wheel models. Remember, they brought the cabin up closer to the front, so that would sacrifice frunk space.

I think this is exactly right. If you look at the car in profile the front seats are unusually close the the front of the greenhouse, which means that the legs of the driver and front passenger stick past where the firewall would be for most cars. Old British sports cars are like this.

upload_2017-7-18_20-59-32.jpeg

The battery and heater sit on the shelf in the center, transmission beneath, and legs on either side. The Model 3 will probably be similar. If you removed the front lining, I suspect you'd see the passenger compartment extend out where the red boxes are, and some kind of ancillary in the blue box like HVAC equipment and ducting. Its probably a little exaggerated the way I drew it, considering where the people are sitting in that photo, but you get the idea.

upload_2017-7-18_20-52-59.png

• Informative
Reactions: Lunarx and Lloyd
That poor little fellow. Just think how many hamsters you would have to go through to charge a 100 kWh battery to full... ;)
Everything is on the internet -- an energetic hamster can generate about 0.028kWh per day. You'll need about 3,600 of the little guys in your frunk to charge your battery... seems doable... maybe Abstract Ocean will come out with some frunk doohickey :)

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde