Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model 3 Need Additional Window Tinting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
15% rear window and rear side windows
30% front side windows

Legal in Florida. My first tint. I feel good about the decision.
The tint is noticeable on the sides a bit when driving, just at first.

Decent privacy in the back seat area when camping or leaving stuff on the floor in the back seat.
My interior is white, so the tint looks lighter.

I didn’t tint the front windshield (illegal) and I can understand why. Aesthetically, I wish it were tinted because I have white seats. The car has nice dark balance on the sides, then nothing on the windshield looking in to white seats. Oh well.

IMPRESSIONS:

30% on the front sides: wish it was slightly darker for aesthetics, but I’m happy that it’s not darker for driving purposes.

15% on the back is about right. You can still see in if you look, but most people don’t. So it does offer privacy. I have sat in the back relaxing while people walked by my car looking at it. They never noticed me.

Lots of people get away with much darker tints in Florida. I am happy with the setup that I have: legal, good for safety, reasonable balance for aesthetics.

Interior photo below is just after sunset. With the doors open, you can can compare to outside. It is a pretty realistic representation of the tint.

3986E8E6-8DB9-461A-8331-43C2149DDCDA.jpeg
DBB53E29-B161-4901-AEA5-8AAD437D299A.jpeg

Last edited: