Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog Mode for older Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new Tesla owner Model S P85D, and just heard about the dog mode. I have software v10.2 (2020.48.37.6) and it says it’s up to date as of Aug 26. However no dog mode seen under the AC features. Is it somewhere else or do I need to do something? I have tried the reset holding the steering wheel column buttons but no change. Thanks in advance!!
Dog mode isn't visible unless the car is in park. When in park, push the button to display all the environmental controls. At the bottom you should see something like off, auto, dog, camp. That is where you select dog mode (which will keep A/C on and a display on the MCU showing temperature and that Dog mode is active for people looking in). It will stay active until you get in car and drive again.

I am a new Tesla owner Model S P85D, and just heard about the dog mode. I have software v10.2 (2020.48.37.6) and it says it’s up to date as of Aug 26. However no dog mode seen under the AC features. Is it somewhere else or do I need to do something? I have tried the reset holding the steering wheel column buttons but no change. Thanks in advance!!
Options for dog or Camp mode show up in the HVAC Expanded view but only if the car is parked and in park.