Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog Mode for older Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Model S with Autopilot 0. I am still running 2018.50.6, which means no Dog Mode (and summer is approaching). It seems like it I should have received an update by now!

Does anyone with older, non-Autopilot cars have Dog Mode?

A few have newer releases, but the great majority of classic cars are still on the same release as you.

• Love
Reactions: aaronhoffman
I have a 2013 Model S with Autopilot 0. I am still running 2018.50.6, which means no Dog Mode (and summer is approaching). It seems like it I should have received an update by now!

I have a 2013 and received 2019.8.6 with dog mode a couple of days ago!
I'm on my home wifi a lot, maybe that helped with receiving it

• Informative
Reactions: EVCarGUy and GSP
I got my update last night at 11:10pm PST while the car was charging in the garage. I had an "oh crap moment" when I went into the car just before midnight. The charging stopped at 11:14pm and I wanted to see what was going on. The MCU was frozen and the instrument cluster said something like "Software Update: Service Center Required." Luckily 2 minutes later the MCU rebooted, the software update completed, and charging resumed.

Dog mode, GPS folding mirrors, HVAC layout change, and general font change is confirmed on our 2013 MS 85. I'll be visiting the SuCs this weekend over a 900 roundtrip drive to Az for a graduation. I'll see if the battery warming feature applies to me.

8101F7AB-8A6B-4B2F-BBB6-0D6C65DAAA75.jpeg
Has anyone noticed the garbled text issue after the 2019 software update?
(Pictured is my 2018.50.6 car supercharging yesterday)

Yep, I have a 2013 Model S and the new Dog Mode is brilliant. I may still keep the sign I printed up to use directly on top of my dog's crate on the back seat, just in case someone doesn't think to look in the front, but I am SOOOO happy Tesla added this feature.

I am a new Tesla owner Model S P85D, and just heard about the dog mode. I have software v10.2 (2020.48.37.6) and it says it’s up to date as of Aug 26. However no dog mode seen under the AC features. Is it somewhere else or do I need to do something? I have tried the reset holding the steering wheel column buttons but no change. Thanks in advance!!