Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dogs, Plywood, Sheetrock and other cargo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely expect to have my two labs in the back of my S. I also have a "beater" - a '05 Escape Hybrid, but for trips to my place in VT (180 miles) I'm taking the S.

The big question now is should I get a HPC for both houses?! I'm banking on a supercharge station on 91 as a back up plan.

How long to you stay at the place 180 miles away when you go? If it is at least overnight a 50A outlet would work fine.

How long to you stay at the place 180 miles away when you go? If it is at least overnight a 50A outlet would work fine.

Generally the weekend, but sometimes just a night, other times a week or more.

In winter I have been known to make it a stopping point for a longer trip, say to Burlington area. Then I'm there for barely 8 hours. That said, those are powder hunting expeditions, and I don't seem myself taking the S on a snowy drive up Route 7...

No not my babies. They wouldn't stand a chance! My Fiancee does have 3 cats though ... :redface:.

View attachment 7526

I would love some sort of fitted protective 'bin' for my doggies. Would help with the hair a bunch.

I swear by this liner Cargo liners | Trunk liners - it protects the sides, as well as the floor. And there is a nonslip section that lays on the top of the liner (think yoga mat-like), so my three pups don't slide around in the back of my ICE.

When I know the dimensions of the X, I'll get one custom made, if they don't have one with similar dimensions already

Have you ever tried to get a bike into a lift back car with a tarp in the cargo area? It's not so easy, compared to something a bit more form fitted and stiff.

I have long used a moving/packing blanket to carry bikes in with my Audi A3 previously and my LEAF now. And yes, I ride an XL frame. Given how easily it fits in both of those vehicles (front wheel off), it's hard to imagine it not fitting in the monstrously-wide Model S. (That said there is much more headroom in the LEAF though due to the higher profile. I'm 6'4".)

BTW, I also drape an "Indian" blanket over it, to keep it from brushing anything in motion, to keep the bike more out-of-sight and to allow me to safely carry the occasional passenger's bike as well.

Psoeidon can't wiat for his new chariot to arrive.

Poseidon_9months2.jpg

I swear by this liner Cargo liners | Trunk liners - it protects the sides, as well as the floor. And there is a nonslip section that lays on the top of the liner (think yoga mat-like), so my three pups don't slide around in the back of my ICE.

When I know the dimensions of the X, I'll get one custom made, if they don't have one with similar dimensions already

Wow those look great. Exactly what I was imagining. Now the only question is should I drop $200 to have one for 9-12 months before I get my Model S?