Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't Announce To A Franchised Car Dealership That You Are Paying Cash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

In 2005 when I was shopping for a Chevy and the price had been agreed, I told the finance manager that I was paying cash. She said, "No you're not, because we'll knock $1300 off the price, if you take a loan from GMAC. You can pay it in full on the second payment with no penalty." That's what I did. :cool:
Same thing happened to me when we bought my wife a used VW (diesel scam car!) in 2014. Got a discount and paid it all off within 2 months and had no interest charges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Same thing happened to me when we bought my wife a used VW (diesel scam car!) in 2014. Got a discount and paid it all off within 2 months and had no interest charges.
Did did same in 12. Fascinating, how they adapted to make mone out of debt so that a straight cash purpose doesn't make sense to them anymore.
I miss the Golf, i liked how it drives, but God, it stunk, especially in Regen mode. Wrecked, fixed it, sold it 4 years later back to wv for what we got it to begin with :)

• Funny
Reactions: replicant