Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't hesitate to report issues to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Quick update on this one. Car dropped at Stockport SC on Monday, got it back yesterday.
Headrest was changed free of charge. As explained though this was not covered under warranty. It was a good will gesture and if it occurs again I will have to pay for it. Not happy with this since it essentially means that the quality of the ''vegan'' leather is subpar. Time to shop around for seat/headrest covers...
Regarding the one error message that I reported (Electrical system power up); three parts were changed. pyro fuse, the high voltage controller and the high voltage controller harness. When I queried about the replacement based on a single error message I was told that the diagnostics revealed a potential degradation that could lead to system failure. Good of them to replace preemptively.
During the whole procedure I must admit that I was kept updated with messages and also got a phone call on the pick up day to confirm that the car was ready since I had quite a commute and they wanted to be sure that I will make it in time. Great improvement on comms.
Site was very safe COVID wise and even the key card was given to me in a sealed plastic bag for me to open. Impressed.

Now for the big surprise. After I charged the car overnight; to 90% as per norm for me I got the following report from Teslafi:

View attachment 609890
Interesting right? Car is almost a year old with 18.8k miles. I was noticing around 3.5% degradation which I thought it was normal due to mileage and being winter now. Maybe BMS reset; don't know. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this.
I was fine with Tesla until I reported an issue (another story) dealt with, or rather not dealt with by Leeds. Personally I hope I won’t have to deal with them again. Life is just too short. However, as I am smack in the middle of Manchester and Leeds I will try to find a way of dealing with Manchester in the future, if I have to. That was where I bought the car through anyway and I agree they were very professional in a Covid way.