Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't Mess around with things on your screen when you're at the oil change place!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Yes I went to Take Five and got in line ... but (obviously) not for an oil change, I went for an inspection

As I was sitting there I started thinking ... they normally have to drive your car round the block to check the brakes etc, so I wonder what I can add to make sure they don't go nuts with my ride and I saw "Pin for glove box" and "Pin to drive" so I added both of them AND I added max speed of 50mph (because that was the lowest I could go) and then suddenly the guy says "Ok, thanks mate - we're all done here" and started waving me out

So I tried to drop it into Drive, but it wouldn't go and instantly I started thinking about all those peeps waiting behind me in the hot Texas sun seeing some guy waving me out, but me not moving, but I couldn't se a screen that asked for the PIN, so there I was feeling the first signs of panic, when I went back to the Safety menu, found the Pin to Drive and turned it off

Phew!

Then I got on the road and saw I was limited to 50mph, but it was grey so I couldn't change it. I thought maybe at the next light, but than sanity kicked in and I thought "wait till I get home"

Apparently you have to re-engage Pin to Drive before you can deselect the max speed

So the moral of the story is to leave well alone, unless you're at home, then if you break something you can just go inside and get a nice cup of tea while you figure it all out