Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Shutting Window Rattle When Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no, my corvette does not. Which is surprising, because GM stuff is built cheap.

Yeah I thought it didn't in most luxury or higher priced cars but the Urus is a surprise if that's the reason why it raises the window when it opens. You'd think on a $250k car they wouldn't skimp on some window mount.

It's not normal. I just tested my 2018 LR RWD, both driver and passenger side front doors with windows rolled all the way down (tested one a time). Neither one gave any bit of rattle. If the SC gives you the "this is normal" crap, tell them you have friends for which this doesn't happen.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri and KenC
It's not normal. I just tested my 2018 LR RWD, both driver and passenger side front doors with windows rolled all the way down (tested one a time). Neither one gave any bit of rattle. If the SC gives you the "this is normal" crap, tell them you have friends for which this doesn't happen.
Make videos and post on Youtube. I was wondering, like @AxlxA , whether taking off the door panel and studying what was rattling and whether there was a way to dampen it. Since I rarely close the door with the window down, it's low priority for me. I may have closed the door that way twice in 2 years! Now that @novox77 says his doesn't rattle, it makes me think something might be correctable, like a missing clip, etc.

Reactions: iSpine