Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doug at the Model S Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a nice chat with Bill Nye and Chelsea Sexton. Bill and I are both Cornell alums and we tried to sing the alma mater, but I could only remember the “alternate” lyrics. Far above Cayuga’s waters, there’s an awful smell… They were both really pleasant and fun people to be around.
I actually went to school "higher" above Cayuga's waters myself :wink:
Great review of the event, with the videos I felt as if I were there. I see now why the third seat nonsense, Elon isn't familiar with modern birth control methods :redface:

(very funny)

Tula, of course, was there. I also saw a blond TV and movie actress from the '90s, but I can't remember her name or what she was in.

Also saw Sam Harris.

Don't know who Tula is. Was the blonde either Jenny Mcarthy or Jenna Elfman?

My wife and I show up in your videos. At the end we were next to you so the we show up in the crowd pan shots. Best of me was 7:47 it's the back of my head blocking your view as the car drives away. I was reaching down to get a shot of the T logo.
CIMG5195.jpg

Very nice coverage Doug.

Honestly, it sounded like the kind of thing they would be interested in, given that the only question they prepared me with for the trip had to do with Elon's footwear. The fact that all they talked about for the next 5 minutes was Chelsea's listen-in, further pushes the point.

Doug Great job on the reports and interviewing.

In Bo and Ryan's defense, their show has an entertainment/comedy theme. They are trying to appeal to a broader less technical audience. Granted it is hard not to be technical with EVs. Comedy is not easy to pull off in the serious life or death world of EVs. Personally I wish they would be more entertaining and less technical, nevertheless I LOVE the EVcast. It is a blast!

Fred

Revenge of the Electric Car -- behind the scenes

I mentioned that Chris Paine was at the Model S event, getting footage for the WKTEC sequel.

Here's a video I took of Chris doing an interview with Bill Nye:
There's a chance Chris might want to me take it down, and I will if he asks. So enjoy it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come none of your photos are in focus? Man, I need to get back into the gym.

It's really like something out of the twilight zone. Supposedly I met vfx, yet have no memory of the actual encounter. Perhaps it was too traumatic. I remember him calling me, he had me wave my hand around so he could identify me. Supposedly was on his way to meet me. And then nothing. I even called the next day to apologize that we didn't get to meet, and then he said, "but we did meet." <cue the music>

Last edited:
How come none of your photos are in focus?

OUCH!

I'm either all or nothing. It's a crppy PHD camera (push here dummy) and I don't care because I'm shooting everything madly or I have to spend hours setting up everything to be perfect. Nothing in between. The expensive camera and lenses were in my car.

(DaveD)I didn't realize that I, too, met you, vfx! That's me on the left. ToddLa's the guy in the middle.

I listened for a while but we never talked Dave, but my wife and I talked with Todd a bunch at The Dr's car when he arrived.

[
It's really like something out of the twilight zone. Supposedly I met vfx, yet have no memory of the actual encounter. Perhaps it was too traumatic. I remember him calling me, he had me wave my hand around so he could identify me. Supposedly was on his way to meet me. And then nothing. I even called the next day to apologize that we didn't get to meet, and then he said, "but we did meet." <cue the music>

Not sure what to say. Insulted? Pity? Outrage? Apathy?

I do have one of those faces that people think they have seen before. I look like a fat version of a lot of famous (male) actors so maybe you thought you knew me and made no note. I, on the other hand noted you were out-of-it! You looked like you could not walk a line and touch your nose. At least this (fuzzy) photo is proof we were all there at the same time.

TRON-like lights...

I was told that the blue neon halo lights around the headlamps are not street-legal in California, and would have to be replaced by the boringly conventional white halos, like are on BMV and Audi.