Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is all I want. It would completely offset the fact it’s now free (the federal incentive covers the price increase). It would also guarantee cash flow for Tesla cause you’d have to buy AP/FSD to get the discount. Seems like a win/win.

I would likely pay full price for FSD if Tesla threw in AP for free. I have an irrational desire to upgrade to HW3.

I’d certainly be more inclined to buy FSD right away if AP was comped. It would also be an excellent goodwill gesture in lieu of recent events.

For those SR+ with AP owners in Canada that bought the M3 at March/April, we all been told by Elon that the price is going higher, SR+ with AP is the best deal and we will never get the Canadian Federal Incentive. We trust what Elon and their salesman been told and pull the trigger, we are loyal fan base and everyone of us was excited to drive these great car.

However we all get kick on the nuts now with the reduction of the price, as well as the suprise Canadian federal incentive. Not to mentioned the mess that they creates with the SR 360km/150km options. Hope there are something Tesla can do for us to make things right for people that bought SR+ before the May 1st federal incentive kicks in.

Has anyone tried to purchase AP since it went standard?

In this thread about the premature ending of the AP trial, a Tesla rep said the website isn't really selling the upgrade right now: Model 3 Autopilot Trial Program Paused May 2019

I wonder if this is an indicator that they may have something in the works for us. Big website changes might include a downgrade button like some people were promised, or perhaps some AP-/FSD perks as we're all hoping now.

In this thread about the premature ending of the AP trial, a Tesla rep said the website isn't really selling the upgrade right now: Model 3 Autopilot Trial Program Paused May 2019

I wonder if this is an indicator that they may have something in the works for us. Big website changes might include a downgrade button like some people were promised, or perhaps some AP-/FSD perks as we're all hoping now.

I sure hope this is the case but I won't hold my breathe for anything good happened to us (at least for my case which I paid full $4000CAD for autopilot already)

I sure hope this is the case but I won't hold my breathe for anything good happened to us (at least for my case which I paid full $4000CAD for autopilot already)

It's either all or nothing. I doubt Tesla would say "Here's a discount for AP if you haven't bought it yet" and just completely ignore people who did buy it. Maybe AP discount for those without AP, FSD discount for those without FSD, and free supercharging miles for those with both.

Or, y'know, nothing at all :p

Wonder if we’ll hear anything on May 28, when the referral boost ends. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some sort of last month/end of quarter push, something that will hopefully benefit all.
I think they are going to extend the referral boost until the end of June. It seems like Elon is trying to cut cost, so I guess any push to sell more cars will be beneficial for the margin. The free 5000 miles of supercharging is only good for 6 months.

I have a feeling there will be another big sale on AP and FSD before the end of the quarter to please the stock holders with some extra revenue.
I am not at all interested in FSD but a discounted AP will be nice.

I have a feeling there will be another big sale on AP and FSD before the end of the quarter to please the stock holders with some extra revenue.
I am not at all interested in FSD but a discounted AP will be nice.

If the price with FSD is back to $2000 or $3000 I will seriously consider adding it. I'm not sure if FSD is definitely worth $6000/8000USD at this stage.

Reactions: calidreamz808