Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Headrest Crests!

What is that cover in the frunk? Obviously a custom job with the cool lighting accents. Is there an amp in there or something?
Al & Ed's Installed the 900W Amp in the frunk's nook and even gave an ode to the Tesla "T"
DSC07054.jpg

DSC07051.jpg

How did you get the logos put in the mats?
Again, it was Al & Ed's and it feels and looks like they 'carved' the logos in.
I know that they sell the mats and will ship them.
DSC07058.jpg

Here are some other crests they did too, only these are in the headrests!
DSC07112.jpg

Notice the beautifully integrated CCI too!

Al & Ed's Installed the 900W Amp in the frunk's nook and even gave an ode to the Tesla "T"

Again, it was Al & Ed's and it feels and looks like they 'carved' the logos in.
I know that they sell the mats and will ship them.

Here are some other crests they did too, only these are in the headrests!

Notice the beautifully integrated CCI too!

Their custom work is just breathtaking. I really like what you did with the logos on the mats and headrests. Lovely. The cover for the amp is really cool as well.

The degree of customization is off the charts. Did you just tell these guys to go nuts?

DrTaras, can you tell me please, do you have a wrap also on the inner aluminum parts of the car? When you open the door how does it look? Can you post a photo?
Ask and you shall receive - only most times not as fast as this time :wink:
PS-There are 2 places in this car that you can see that the car was originally the green.
Can you guess where the 2 are? :confused: Hint-I mentioned one in a previous post. :rolleyes:
DSC07100.jpg

DSC07096.jpg

Plus you get to see more of the 'carved' Tesla-Logo mats & the Center Console Insert looks like it came from the factory? At least that's what some of the Tesla designers told me on 5/3/13!

My guess: On the center touch screen. It'll show the car in green.
Yup! That's one! Where's the other? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Love the "T" on the headrests!:biggrin:
Thanx! :redface:

- - - Updated - - -

About this, I've just learned that some people place a clear protection film over the color wrap. Because (they say) the clear protection film is better for protection from scratching and stones. So you could have placed the clear protection film over the chrome vinyl wrap. The clear protection film (e.g. XPEL ULTIMATE) would protect the chrome vinyl wrap. Just a bit more costly. Could this be another option for Plan B? :wink:
I'm in the garage now ripping off the brushed aluminum as I type this! :mad:

Their custom work is just breathtaking. I really like what you did with the logos on the mats and headrests. Lovely. The cover for the amp is really cool as well.
The degree of customization is off the charts. Did you just tell these guys to go nuts?
Elie at Al & Ed's-WeHo clicked off a menu and I said yay or nay. Somethings I had a lot of input into and some I let Michelangelo paint the ceiling! :love:

In retrospect, maybe we should have placed a "T"esla logo here? What do you think? :confused:
DSC07059.jpg

Elie gave me about 3-score wheels to choose from & I chose these. I've heard them described as "Ben-Hur" & "Scorpion"
I'm sure that there are other things that they've been called, but those comments I haven't heard because they're behind my back! :wink:
DSC07037.jpg

This one, completely Elie & his master-craftsman. I had no direction for them and they did a fabulous job with a space that was going to be little used.
DSC07052.jpg

Here, I wanted a crest in each headrest and Elie convinced me that was too much and over the top (if there can be such a thing)!
DSC07077.jpg

Score another point for wrapping!

107 degrees at high noon today in the SF Valley! :cool:
I opened my window and rested my elbow on the door and grasped the top of the sill in a typical 'chillin driving move.
Only I came to the realization that the wrap was keeping the car cool to the touch.
Typically with a non-wrapped car, my hand would have been scorched!
Score another point for wrapping!
DSC07012.jpg

DSC07019.jpg

DSC07031.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks DrTaras for replay. No idea where the second place could be.
Under the frunk. I asked them not to wrap that so I could reminisce, and show others, what color it used to be.
On the door, the edge where the outside meets with the inside, how does it look there? Do you have a closeup photo of that, pls?
Can you please take a picture of what you are looking for on your car, post it here, and then I'll try to take the same picture on my car for comparo :confused:

Darn that was fast! These TMC-ers are a highly observant bunch! :biggrin:
The Tesla Model S is an amazing car, yet I seemed to have the 'need' to modify it!
The Teslaccessories CCI is an amazing center console (ready NOW), yet I seemed to have the 'need' to modify it!
View attachment 20941

Can you take a different angle photo of this setup with the S3 phone? I am not seeing clearly how it is mounted.

Another view of the glove box DVD, the amp & the subwoofer (per someone's PM request):
DSC07121.jpg

DSC07057.jpg

DSC07060.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Can you take a different angle photo of this setup with the S3 phone? I am not seeing clearly how it is mounted.
I'll try to get to that, but I'll have to borrow my wife's inferior iPhone to take a picture of the my superior GS3! :scared:

One of the frequenters of this thread, who got a test ride of "TESLAsterone" before he was ever introduced to "A Tesla The Hun!"
posted on his Facebook that he took delivery this week of his new baby girl "Tessie"!
Another reader of this thread told me that his will be here next week. Just the few of the many whom I tell,
"Sorry I did this to you! Its like ZOMBIES... once you've been bit, you now MUST go out and recruit other zombies!"
DSC07036.jpg

DSC07102.jpg

I've openly declared that I am no DIYer & hats off to those who can/are!
Some have asked me for a video of how the electricity is run into the CCI mods made by A-E.
Without further adieu:

- - - Updated - - -

Never miss a chance to put the brand front and center, eh, Ian?!
Tesla's got to give you first dibs once they fund a marketing budget with the capital raise :)
+1 :redface:

Last edited by a moderator: