Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Doc,
I have a suggestion for another mod.
I don't know why no one has thought of it before but I'm thinking about going to my tint place and see if I can get some scrap wrap material. I don't need much. You heard it here first. I want to wrap my FOB!! I'm not a big fan of the CaseLogic USB case. I figured why not make a "mini-Me" version of my car while protecting my FOB? I know eventually I'll have to replace my battery but who cares if I have to re-wrap. I think you'll need extra work on your model. :)

Doh! I see someone beat me to the punch. :)

I got my tint done today. I couldn't find scrap silver wrap but the guys at SDTint gave me a little piece of carbon fiber wrap. I think I'm going to put a little strip on the top where the 3 buttons are. I'm not very good with my hand so I'm not going to cover up the Tesla logo or the silver paint. It's probably going to be just covering with a small strip.

3rd Row Seats - I'm Out!

I just got an e-mail stating that they had my 3rd Row Seats in and were going to COME TO ME to install them. I thought that was a nice touch!
" I’m XXXXX from LA service center, I’m contacting you regarding your 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] row seat install. Please get back to me so we can get you set up with an appointment and I’ll have my technician come out and install them for you."

I had told them a few months back to put me at the back of the list because I had heard how slammed they were with installation of this and other "Due-Bill" items. I never did NEED the 3rd row seats (okay, a lesson in need vs. want - "The one is is the richest is not the one who has the most but needs the least") but originally got it so I could show off the benefits of the car to others and thus "sell" more Teslas; I don't think that Tesla needs that help from me (Customer Sales Force) anymore. A few weeks ago, I read on another TMC post that Tesla would probably be happy to give a refund on the 3rd row seats instead of having to install them and so I acted about a week ago and put in my request which is making its way through the system, but had not made it to the guys at the LA service store yet.

In essence, "I'm out!"

- - - Updated - - -

Is it the lighting or is the CCI leather color slightly different than the seats?
Great pick-up Bonnie. Surprised VFX did not VISUALIZE that!
I went back to look... in natural light, no difference... at night no difference.
When I use the LCD on my smartphone (in essence the flash) during the day there is no difference but at night with the LCD I do see the difference!
Not sure what that means, but it certainly is not bothersome. Wonder if the leathers 'absorb' LCD light differently? VFX? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

- - - Updated - - -

LOVE it! Especially the last picture (#4)!
Boys will be boys! (oops, sorry Bonnie... People will be People!) :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Horn Change - Laser Shifter

When the radar detector and laser shifter were installed (see previous posts on those sub-threads) I noticed that when I'd honk my horn (as rare as that was), it set off my laser shifter. Elie went back and asked many of his other clients (since he's done after market on more Tesla's than all other customizers, nay I say combined) to see if that was the case. He inspected and found that some did have the same problem and others, though the same placement and units were installed, did not. Either the frequency in the OEM Tesla Model S horn was slightly different or the laser shifting sensitivity in each unit was different.

He sent a guy to my house to pick up the car, left me a rental (no, not another Tesla, but a Toyota Camry hybrid) and had the car back that evening!
Now that's service because life might not always go perfectly, but life is how you handle Plan B!

He asked me if I wanted to get the same OEM horn which might be a bunch of trial and error and take longer, get a horn that was similar, or get one that was louder and different? That last word was the magic word if you know what I'm talking about :redface: So he installed, at no charge to me, a LOUD air-horn. Its a cross between a European sports car and a freight train! At first I did not like it. Now its growing on me especially when the other day a guy started encroaching on my freeway lane and a toot of the new horn sent him flying back into his own lane.

I actually liked the OEM MS horn as opposed to a blog I had started way back when on the 2008 Roadster horn which I hated and which was changed for the next model year (tap on my shoulder :rolleyes:).
Here is what it sounds like now. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it! Is it fast when hitting it?
Fast? Not sure what you mean? :redface:

- - - Updated - - -

You sound like an OB/GYN...
You're killing me spatterso911! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, but that's just obnoxious
Me or my horn or both? :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I give up... where's the other one?
At the end of this TMC post.
But to make it easy... the underside of the frunk! :cool:

DSC07049.jpg
@
teslive2013.jpg

Ferrari, Tesla, Keeping up with the Kardashians & SuperCar Sunday

20130602_091442.jpg

Let's face it: I'm not a "Keeping up with the Kardashians" fan (okay, never watched an episode) but I do respect that its been around for 6 years and that it commands a greater audience than "my" thread of 85,000+ page views!
But what happened today validated what I've been saying throughout. Customizing a Tesla, whether YOU like it or not, will help the brand reach a wider audience!

Today I had both TESLAsterone & A Tesla the Hun! on display at the Ferrari marquee event for SuperCar Sunday. Bruce Meyer had brought his $10M, 1957 Ferrari 625/250TR (Testa Rossa), much like this video shows him doing in 2009. Bruce Jenner had shown up with Jeff Dunham and were looking at the hundreds of cars on display. As they snaked through the rows and rows of cars, the film crew of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" was in tow, filming their every move. When Bruce and Jeff came to the Tesla section of cars (we had about 5 Model Ss & 3 Roadsters) Jeff said to Bruce, 'this is that amazing new electric car, Tesla!' To which Bruce said, 'ya, I know, BUT WHERE IS THAT CUSTOMIZED ONE I SAW COMING IN THIS MORNING?' They made a b-line past all the other Teslas (TESLAsterone felt neglected as they past right by him) and to the rear of A Tesla the Hun! where for the next 10 minutes Elie (in red), on camera, gave them a tour, talked Tesla, talked financing and their lease program and so many other things. He was a master. You know what he didn't mention on camera once? Al & Ed's! You can even ask a nearby long-time Tesla super-employee (who shall remain nameless for now to protect his identity) who was present and gave Elie an 'ataboy' after the cameras had left for doing such a great job promoting Tesla! :love:

Now maybe nary even 10 seconds makes it on to a future episode of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or one of the spin off shows, but without the Tesla Model S transformation customized by A-E, it would never have even had a shot at getting out into the main stream, widely seen show like "Keeping up with the Kardashians". And if you pan the show and think that a Tesla MS being on a show like that won't sell tons more, then make sure you never come to me to invest in your business plan because you don't understand MASS market appeal. STAY TUNED!
20130602_091405.jpg

20130602_091632.jpg