Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure and I agree. But people lately were speculating that the 19s would be a few tenth behind because of narrower contact patch and less sticky tires. If that is the case, then he’s got one hell of a freak car.

At some point someone will test and swap and retest and we’ll know for sure. Assuming he didn’t get a freak car, we can assume that at worst, the 19s are equal to the 21s, at best a tiny bit quicker.
I will probably do that, but it's gonna be a bit, still need to order tires. I do want to go out in the next day or so and see if any of the suspension changes impact my 0-60 times.

Sure and I agree. But people lately were speculating that the 19s would be a few tenth behind because of narrower contact patch and less sticky tires. If that is the case, then he’s got one hell of a freak car.

At some point someone will test and swap and retest and we’ll know for sure. Assuming he didn’t get a freak car, we can assume that at worst, the 19s are equal to the 21s, at best a tiny bit quicker.

I can tell you with my 2020 Ravin my car was never as quick as I saw 21" wheel cars on the net run. I made over 300 1/4 mile passes in my Ravin and I think it's best pass was a 10.60@126 with a 1.50 60ft with Cheetah Stance and that was with Nitto 275 Drag radials on some T-sport 19's, on the stock 19" tires/wheels best pass was 10.65@128 with a 1.55 60ft and that was before the Cheetah Stance update. Not sure if it was my car, my track or my 230lb ass in the seat but it was not as fast as other cars I have seen. Also as a side note Anything lower then 40psi in the Nittos on my car slowed it's trap speeds down allot. I even tried 20 psi once and my traps dropped to 121.

New tires already? How many miles do you have on them? I guess you’ve done quite a few launches haha. I am curious how many miles I can get on these Michelin’s.
Oh, no, the Michelins are holding up nicely. However, I need something for winter around here--it will get into the low 30s and the summer tire compound turns to rock at those temps. An AS tire for the 21s is currently a unicorn and likely to be ridiculously expensive. I picked up a set of the 19" crab claw Cardeno rims via Tesla parts and am trying to decide on which tires to put on them--get the Contis that Tesla will sell or the Michelin Pilot Sport AS.

You should have bought a Plaid. Only Plaid owners use Dragy. You might tear time/space continuum if you use the Dragy outside a Plaid. Be safe out there. 😂
I'll be careful. I have had a 2021 X LR on order since Jan 10. Couldn't wait any longer and in May bought a used Sept 2020 X LR ++. Still have order and still waiting. Delivery is now Dec. Maybe some new tears in the space/time continuum would help speed that up...

I think this thread might have been better split with the Plaid separate from the LR. It is about 95% Plaid currently since so few LRs are out yet. Not to mention most of the people buying the Plaid are performance focused and maybe more likely to go to the track or use Dragy.

Personally my interest is in the LR I have on order. So more interested in the performance of the LR ultimately anyway but interesting to read about the Plaid at times as some things may translate to the LR.

I think this thread might have been better split with the Plaid separate from the LR. It is about 95% Plaid currently since so few LRs are out yet. Not to mention most of the people buying the Plaid are performance focused and maybe more likely to go to the track or use Dragy.

Personally my interest is in the LR I have on order. So more interested in the performance of the LR ultimately anyway but interesting to read about the Plaid at times as some things may translate to the LR.
I own a Draggy and ran my 2020 LR+ with it. I sold that car and am waiting for my refreshed LR. I will post Draggy times once I take delivery...in March 2022

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, I said I'd do a Dragy once I got my LR and here it is! Was super quick...had the AC on, just did a quick sprint, but did have it in Launch Mode.
I also already replaced the stock 19" Tempest wheels with 21" Twin Turbine wheels (+20mm spacers), so about 50LBS of extra weight compared to stock 19s.

SLR1.jpeg
]

Well, I said I'd do a Dragy once I got my LR and here it is! Was super quick...had the AC on, just did a quick sprint, but did have it in Launch Mode.
I also already replaced the stock 19" Tempest wheels with 21" Twin Turbine wheels (+20mm spacers), so about 50LBS of extra weight compared to stock 19s.
Thanks for sharing. That works out pretty close to the last M3P I tested. Obviously the bigger wheels aren't helping.

That is what it was looking like to me based on all the posts and vids. Trapping at that speed is more than enough fun on the street. While I love the Plaid it would just be overkill for me. Considering the competitors (even Rivian truck or SUV) might be quicker to 60 than the MS LR, I do hope Tesla might give an option to uncork it more in the 0-60 range. If my EDD holds, I should know next month.