Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long range owner here, glad I found this post.

I know you'll all make fun of me, but I put in a service ticket to actually check my battery and drive train to make sure my slow 0-60 time is nothing bad. I have driven a PM3 for the longest time and was excited to get into a new Long range S with that sweet Yoke.

So far I am pulling a consistent 3.6-3.7 to 60 in my LR, regardless of SoC.

It definitely is quicker without cheetah stance Engaged. I can do like a 3.4 at best without cheetah stance. The get up and go off the line is not good on the LR. Without a doubt my PM3 will beat this any day. The 60-100 now.. Totally different story. Or even doing a 20-30 roll with the car is insanely fast. It's something about the lower speeds that it feels extrmeley limited and sluggish. Its like the software even with slip start on, will work its hardest to limit power over spinning a tire, resulting in a really slow off the line.

Disclaimer here, I am just using an app only GPS based timer. And manual timing. However I have also done the exact same with my PM3 and consistently pulled 3.1/3.2s on it over the past few years. Using that same timing system I'm only getting 3.6/3.7 out of the S long range.

Can any other LR owners confirm the get up and go off the line feels extremely sluggish? LOVE this car, but disappointing it is not faster than a PM3 it seems.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally! This is some incredible numbers for the base car!!!
1626494818680.jpeg

Made ten passes. Best was 10.869s @ 129.75mph :oops:

1/8 mile was pretty consistent at around 7.1x. I tried chasing a 130mph pass, but toward the end of the night it was becoming clear that the car didn't have one in it below 70% SOC.

Took a few highly modified cars and trucks on drag radials, as well as a C8 Corvette. Will definitely be back for more.

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing mate this is very impressive. No joke trapping 130 mph is moving well done. 🚀🚀🔥🔥

Made ten passes. Best was 10.869s @ 129.75mph :oops:

1/8 mile was pretty consistent at around 7.1x. I tried chasing a 130mph pass, but toward the end of the night it was becoming clear that the car didn't have one in it below 70% SOC.

Took a few highly modified cars and trucks on drag radials, as well as a C8 Corvette. Will definitely be back for more.

Enjoy!

Love it! Thanks so much for finally getting LR numbers like everyone has been dying for! I like how consistent it is. My '17 P100D is apparently very picky on making its best runs, and so far, traps wayyyy lower.

128-130 mph is about what the Taycan Turbo/Turbo S typically trap, but those are MUCH quicker off the line.

It seems that the LR is being software-limited at the low end, similar to how the Model 3 LR is compared to the P. (yes, I know that the Plaid has 3 motors so it’s not a direct comparison but since the LR has enough power to hit ~130 mph in the 1/4, it also seems to have plenty of power to be quicker off the line than it is)

These are great numbers and exactly what I was expecting the LR to run. I have been telling everyone I was confident that this car would run the 1/4 in the high 10’s with a high 120’s trap speed.

The 1/8 mile trap speed seems way off! I had a Dragy run with the same 7.1 time but a trap speed of 103 MPH. What is going on here? How can @Tex EV be at 81.77 MPH?

Yes, Tesla is severely limiting the LR launch. It feels like a turtle off the line compared to my Ludicrous P90D, but pulls much harder above 35. This is either to further differentiate the Plaid or so they can make more money in the future with an acceleration boost. I’m hoping for the latter. With an acceleration boost unlock this is a low 10 second car.

@Palladium4Days - Take your car back to Tesla and tell them your car is broken. Consistently running 0-60 in 3.7 seconds is not normal! This car is demonstrably faster than a PM3.

Last edited:
Very curious that my 2019 Raven is only .3 seconds slower than Plaid 0 to 60. How can it be that while being significantly faster 0 to 60 than the new LR by .8 seconds my Raven P100DL is slower than the LR in the quarter?
Pretty simple. The LR 60-130 is close to a second faster than the Raven.

The LR is doing 60-130 in just over in 7.5 seconds. The old P100D did it in 9.1 seconds. I’m not sure what the Raven did it in, but the high speed pulling power from the new battery architecture is significantly enhanced.

Last edited: