Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to another 1/8 to 1/4 conversion site, it should be 11,35sec @ 128mph. This is for ICE cars. We know EV don't behave the same way. I think the ET will be better but the trap lower. But as I said in the delivery thread, if 128mph is the real trap speed for the LR, wowza!! This thing moves! It's 991.2 GT3 or new NSX territory!

I can't wait for some completed 1/4mile from the LR owners.

I hope it traps 125ish. That will be as fast as my manual 991.2 GT3 and it will be my daily driver.

Are both the 19's and 21's light weight forged alloy rims? I just assumed the 19's are cast not forged, which would make them a lot heavier than the 21's.

Does anyone know this for sure?
I've heard that these 21s are not forged like the original referral program Arachnids. I just happen to have both currently parked in my driveway. Will find some time and weigh them.

According to another 1/8 to 1/4 conversion site, it should be 11,35sec @ 128mph. This is for ICE cars. We know EV don't behave the same way. I think the ET will be better but the trap lower. But as I said in the delivery thread, if 128mph is the real trap speed for the LR, wowza!! This thing moves! It's 991.2 GT3 or new NSX territory!

I can't wait for some completed 1/4mile from the LR owners.

NSX with common mods is low to mid 130s but you are right, high 120s would be stock NSX. That would be impressive.

The Plaid videos so far only show Supercars or modified performance cars. However I kinda wish we had more videos of Plaid vs normalish cars like M3s or C63 or even more basic cars like WRXs or GolfR. I want to see what real world beating looks like. 🙂
Remember when the P100D made all the cars like that look super slow? There's a vid on youtube of the Plaid racing a P100D (stupidly, on the street, but still) and it's like that. The Plaid makes the P100D look like a boring normal car. The difference between high 10's and low 10's is huge. The difference between mid 10's and mid 9's is gigantic

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Remember when the P100D made all the cars like that look super slow? There's a vid on youtube of the Plaid racing a P100D (stupidly, on the street, but still) and it's like that. The Plaid makes the P100D look like a boring normal car. The difference between high 10's and low 10's is huge. The difference between mid 10's and mid 9's is gigantic
Yeah, I figured these would be very boring videos. It’ll probably just look like the other car wasn’t even trying. But I’m trying to wrap my head around how quick this car is. I watched Dragtimes 765lt vs SF90 and both these cars would get destroyed by the Plaid on the street. Their only chance is on super sticky drag tracks where the Plaid only gets marginally quicker while they get a whole .5sec quicker if not more for the 765.

I don’t think I can imagine how quick the Plaid is until I drive it. My Zr1 or 911TT were quick cars but will feel slow in comparison and that’s very hard to imagine.

Yeah, I figured these would be very boring videos. It’ll probably just look like the other car wasn’t even trying. But I’m trying to wrap my head around how quick this car is. I watched Dragtimes 765lt vs SF90 and both these cars would get destroyed by the Plaid on the street. Their only chance is on super sticky drag tracks where the Plaid only gets marginally quicker while they get a whole .5sec quicker if not more for the 765.

I don’t think I can imagine how quick the Plaid is until I drive it. My Zr1 or 911TT were quick cars but will feel slow in comparison and that’s very hard to imagine.

There was one video on youtube that showed Plaid versus an 800 hp C7 Z06 on a roll. So that may be hind of like a C7 ZR1 comparo? The difference was like a Ferrrai racing a yugo. The beating was that bad...lol.